Save Your Tears | Gojo Satoru

• A Gojo Satoru x afab!reader angst imagine, based on the song, 'Save Your Tears' by The Weeknd.

• Warnings: angst, cussing, sex flashback (nothing explicit), alcohol consumption, mentions of smoking.

• Summary: Shoko and Utahime drag Gojo to a club, but after sulking all night, he runs into someone from his past.

---

God. How did he get dragged into this again?

Gojo squints his eyes at the seemingly never-ending swarm of people in the club. The club was oozing booze and moving bodies, creating an intoxicating mixture of sweat and otherworldly scents that had him up turning his nose. Loud, banging music rang in his ears, having him wishing he would've brought a pair of earplugs.

To think he'd be used to it by now, the way Utahime and Shoko would drag him along to their clubbing adventures, telling him in drawled sentences that, It'll be so fun, Gojo! You'll have a blast with the two of us! When in reality, it was Utahime dragging Shoko onto the dance floor, already pre-gamed out of their minds.

At times, he felt like he was stuck at a college block party with a freshman and Shoko, who just stuck around because she was invited. He didn't blame her, though; Shoko always had a lot on her mind.

Hell, he would be drinking too if he could.

The normally giddy and extroverted sorcerer evades the sea of dancing people. He dips his head and sticks his hands into his pockets and hurries his way to the bar, where he'd normally sit so that way Utahime and Shoko could find him when they're done.

He sits on a stool, and the padding of the cushion squishes underneath him while he props his feet onto the footrests attached to his seat. He props his head onto his palm.

Ah yes, the bar. The place where he normally came if he didn't feel like joining Utahime and Shoko on the dance floor, or joining Shoko outside where she would smoke her cigarettes, or helping Utahime throw her guts up into the toilet. He didn't find himself here too often. He liked hanging out with Shoko and Utahime, but... something was off about tonight.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

Satoru looks up, peering through his blindfold at the young man who ran the bar.

He lets out a huff, throwing his hands up in the air. "You got any juice?"

The bartender lets out a laugh. "Yeah, I got juice." He raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms as if he were waiting for something.

Gojo stares right back at him.

"Oh! Oh, you're serious. Yeah, of course, I have juice. We don't have a lot of customers who come in and order just juice, so..." the bartender bends down below the bar and shuffles for something, then reappears with bottles of juice. He points to each one, "We got, grape, apple, mango, pineapple--"

Satoru chuckles. "Pineapple is good."

The bartender nods, and with a few swift movements, he grabs a glass for Satoru and pours him his drink, sliding it over to him.

Satoru thanks him with a nod and a raise of his glass and begins to sip on the sweet flavor of the drink.

He holds the glass against his lips and gnaws on the inside of his lower lip.

He couldn't help but sit. Sit like this, gnawing on his lower lip when he was in his head like this. Like he is now. Wondering how he had gotten to this point. How he wasn't dancing like he usually was, chatting up Shoko about her day, or bullying Utahime. He wasn't usually like this, but lately... he couldn't stop thinking.