Everything's gonna be ok

*3 days later*

I've been on the road for a few days now. I've run out of water, the little bit of food I had, I'm running on fumes, and I just want to off myself so bad..I don't know why I haven't already, I have nothing.

I found a empty high way and decided it looked safe enough so I started walking along it. I had walked halfway across before I heard a car driving my way I was able to run behind a car just before the car stopped in front of where I was hiding.

I ducked down until I heard the car door open then it was silent for a while so I peeked out and saw a man with curly hair holding a shotgun up to the driver who was also holding up his shotgun but I can't get a good look at him because his door is in the way of my view.

The curly hair guy suddently stuck his thumb out and I saw the drivers hat tilt so then the guy started quickly walking towards the car.

I decided to take my chance since the curly hair guy could barley hold up his gun it's basically 1v1. I sneaked around the car then stood to show myself while aiming my pistol.

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe it...it's the same guy from the house, by the look on his face he was as surprised as I was. Tears were threatening to fall as I kept my gun pointed at him.

I slowly walked towards him my eyelashes were barley keeping the tears from falling. I pressed the gun to his forehead and he didn't even flinch.

He raised his hand and grabbed my wrist gently then he slowly lowered my arm "It's ok" he whispered. I put my gun back in it's holster and he gently pulled me into a hug, that's when I broke, the tears came falling down and I hugged him tightly because I knew this would probably be the last time I get affection.

He held on to me for a few minutes until he knew I had relaxed, I pulled away slightly while letting out a few shakey breaths. He ran his fingers through my hair before pulling away "You wanna...join?" He gestured his hand to the backseat.

I nodded and slowly walked to the back but when I went to open the door my hands were shaking so he opened the door for me. I whispered "thanks" then got in the car

When he got in too, curly hair turned and looked around in the backseat I looked at him confused and he gave me a awkward smile.

"What'chu looking for?" The man asked "ah uh nothing I just have this uh..list" curly hair said "Nothing back there but my duffle bag 'n the purty lady" the man replied and curly hair just nodded repeatedly then cleared his throat "So uh what's your names?"

"Stop, no names, keeps us from getting too familiar" the man pulled out a knife and curly hair flinched.

"You almost knocked over your alcohol with your knife" he said so the man picked it up "oh it's ok you don't have to-" curly hair got cut off (his nickname is getting annoying lol)

"So, where ya headed?" The man asked "Uh colombus, you?" Curly replied "Tallahassee" the man said while handing curly a shot glass "You want one sweet heart?" The man asked

I got butterflies from the sudden nickname. Probably because he's the first undead man I've seen since the dead started walking. Columbus seemed like a pussy and he wasn't my type anyway but Tallahassee happen to be my type plus to add the cherry's on top I haven't dated a guy since high school and my parents were too busy with work to ever acknowledge me so I never got much affection or appreciation. Now that I think of it my life was sad even before the apocalypse.

Tallahassee turned around in his seat to look at me since I hadn't answered yet "oh sorry uh no thank you" he turned back around and took a drink from the bottle while Columbus quickly threw the drink out the window then pretended to be drinking it.