Chapter 9

Angry and enraged was all I could feel after I saw her. The moon goddess is truly cruel and pure evil .

I didn't want a mate, especially not a human one.

The thought of her just made me want to punch a wall .

Andrea. Her  name is Andrea . My wolf found it amazing that we had another chance at love but I on the other hand had a different opinion.

She was slow, clumsy and fragile. She was too fragile and she talked a lot.

Everyday she would somehow find a new way to just make me angry.

She makes me angry and I .... I like it.

I thought of sending her way.  I thought sending her away would make these feelings go away but it's just made them grow stronger .

I passed by her former room everyday and just took in her scent that was already fading.

I see her in every corner of the house. I see her in the kitchen doing something stupid as usual.

But I also see her making coffee every morning in the kitchen. I see her brushing her unruly hair and cursing at it . I see her talking to herself about something rather peculiar every evening.

I see her getting irritated at me whenever I'd give her a stupid reply. I see her smiling at the baby squirrels that she feeds every evening.

Fuck!

I miss her when I can't sleep and right after I make my  coffee .

I wonder how she's faring on at my mother's place .

I may or may not have hurt her feelings the last time we spoke.

Was she angry at me? Would she ever want to see me again?

Honestly,I wouldn't blame her if she wanted me gone. If I were her I'd want the same thing

"Alpha are you ok?"

I instantly snapped out of my daze.

I looked around and noticed ten men laying on the ground bloody and unconscious .

"I'm fine Jackson ,"

"Clearly you're not," he said while pointing towards the men.

I couldn't deal with this right now. I needed one thing to calm me down.

My mate

I left Jackson in the middle of his lecture and literally ran to my mother's house.

Darkness was creeping in but I didn't care .

Just one glance.

My mother stood at the front door shaking her head vigorously with a smirk on her face as if she knew what I  was coming to look for.

"Well well well. Look what we have here.  If it isn't my loving son."

" Mother I don't ..."

"Don't you dare  speak to me without doing the necessary"

I sighed and gave her a hug. I could tell and feel her smiling against me. I truly have a weird mother then her elbow connected to my abdomen and I pulled away

"What was that for?"

" Don't you dare raise your voice at me son"

" I missed you too mum "

"So what do I owe you this pleasure of gracing me with your presence after an entire  five months ?"

"Where is she?" my voice was void of any motion .

"Where is who?"

She knew what I was talking about. I clenched my fists and exhaled.

" I will ask you this question one last time mother ,where is she?"

"Do you mean Andrea?  She left a month ago .

She left ? How could she leave ? Where was she? Is she still alive?

I didn't feel anything in the mate bond so if she wasn't here then where the f*** was she?

"Mother I..."

" She's at the orphanage  if that's what you want to ask ,"she smiled.

She was scheming something I could sense it .I gave her one last glance before shifting .

I let my wolf take control for once.

When I arrived at the orphanage, I shifted and wore some clothes I found behind that tree . The guards saw me and shuddered. Good .

I didn't need to be told where she was I just followed her scent which was strongest behind the stupid door  I was currently looking at.

Just one glance.

Who am I kidding ,I wanted more than a glance .

I knocked the door and waited for a few seconds and soon the door was opened.

Jade green eyes stared right back at me and for a minute I forgot how to breathe.

Her presence was overwhelming and her attire wasn't helping at all.

Her shorts were definitely too short exposing her long-tan legs ,her  red curly hair was tied into a messy bun and her top exposed her shoulders that looked so tempting.

I did what I had to do .

I gently pushed her aside and took in her scent  that hit me at its fullest force and all I could do was bask in it.

I don't know how but I fell asleep

"Wake up doofus !"

At times I just loathed my wolf. He surely knows the right time to surface.

"What do you want Knight ?"

"Mate is cold"

I opened my eyes and noticed her shivering on the armchair. I also noticed a really soft blanket on me.

Why would she do that ?I was a werewolf. I could never get cold but what about her... she could easily die from a cold .

I looked at her again and a smile formed on my lips.

"Mate is beautiful "

"Shut it Knight"

" Hold mate Xerxes ,hold mate"

"Knight no !"

"Must hold mate ,must hold mate, must hold mate"

"Fine "

I slowly got out of the seat and walked towards her.

A whimper escaped her lips and suddenly she began thrashing on the armchair .

"Help...please .....stop please stop! I don't ...please stop"

I didn't hesitate .I took her into my arms and she instantly calmed down.

The feel of her skin against mine was like a thousand sparks.

I wonder how she fits so perfectly in my arms .

I found myself subconsciously running my fingers through her hair.

My wolf was content and I ...too was content .

The feeling was indescribable .

I nuzzled my head onto her neck and rested my lips upon the juncture between her neck and collarbone.

She shuddered..

Good..

That's where my mark was soon going to be ,but the question is am I really ready for this ?

What if I screw it up ? What if she finds out about my dark past?

Will she still accept me?

I wasn't going to take any chances .

I made up my mind.

I wont let her in