Chapter 18

Six months later

Six months have elapsed and so far everything is going on well. The boys stopped getting involved in fights meaning that I didn't have to be called to the principal's office nearly every week .

The work load also seemed to have reduced due to the increase of staff within,curtesy of the Alpha's mother. I'm pretty sure she realized that I was somewhat struggling in a way.

As the days went by though,I couldn't help but wonder if there was more in store for me .

I mean,I love the kids that is definitely unquestionable,but I seemed to start having thoughts about having my own special someone. Someone who'd  make me smile every morning, someone who'd be there for me unconditionally, someone who would value me, someone whose weaknesses were my strengths and whose strengths were my weaknesses.

Shit. Now I sound like some sappy romantic fool.

"Andreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa!"

Oh yes. I almost forgot. I actually made a new friend.

Bella Greame.

She was the niece of the Gamma of the pack.

How did we become friends? Well that's a story for another day and ever since that day, she somehow became glued to me

She'd randomly pop into my office and nearly talk my ears off with the latest gossip in the pack .

She was rather talkative and I would be subjected to listen.

Despite all that ,I didn't mind. She ,in one way or another, would break the monotony within the orphanage.

Did I mention that she'd at times drag me to walk with her around the pack.

She introduced to so many people,in hopes that I would stop hiding away in my office and get a life.

"Bella"

"Guess what"

"Whatever it is forget about it".I deadpanned.

Heaven knows what goes on in Bella's head at times.

"I haven't even said it yet "

"Please don't tell me you've done something stupid again "

"Of course not, besides it's not stupid at all and I think that you would enjoy what I have in stored for you"

"Bella"

"I have arranged a blind date for you" she squeeled as she sat unceremoniously on my arm chair.

"You did what?"

"A blind date and before you crucify,it's not with a wolf because I know you have a terrible history with our male wolves"

"Bella what did you do?"

"He is 6'3 ,he loves children,he is very single,he has two cars and a backyard and a swimming pool and a business and a company , oh and he is funny and smart and successful,he has a big dick ,no kids and did I mention that he is a CEO."

I nearly face palmed myself and I didn't know whether I wanted to cry or laugh and the fact that she looked so proud of herself made it even harder for me to get upset

Bella was just a special kind of person

"How did you manage to get all that information?"

"You don't worry about that Drea, now all we need is to doll you up and get you ready for your date tonight"

"Wait what?"

"I said we need to get you ready for your date"

"It's tonight! Bella!"

"If it helps, he has a big dick"

"At this point of my life I'm planning to soon sell you Bella"

"But you love me"

"How will we even pull it off? He is human right, so that means that this date will definitely not be happening within the pack"

"Umm about that, so you see the guy is not entirely human.."

"Please don't tell me that he's part demon "

"Of course not, that kind scares the shit out of me"

"Then what is he?"

"He is somehow part wolf, but the gene somehow skipped him if you get what I'm saying "

"So how will this..."

"He is a key investor in one of Alpha Xerxes's businesses and he just happened to be around today and I worked my magic and managed to snag you a date "

"I know that many lies were involved " I sighed

"Oh let loose for a day"

"This is probably going to be either one of the best nights of my life or one  of  the worst nights of my existence Bella"

"Oh take a chill pill Andrea and enjoy the moment,besides, he is drop dead gorgeous "

"And I look homeless right now" I sighed as I started to mentally prepare myself for the night.

Only the skies knew the countless number of possibilities of this night being ruined but I'll take a leap of faith .

Just this once.

"Just this once"

"Yeey, now let's get you dolled up"

"Don't overdo it though" I sighed.

"To the salon "she dramatically yelled.

So let me sum up how I spent my entire afternoon.

Bella dragged me to the salon where she forced me to have my hair trimmed because, and I quote, it looked like a lion's mane or better yet a birds nest with its tangled ends .

Let me tell you, it took a long time . From the untangling to washing it because I have a lot of hair,then to the  nails and then the most trifling part.

The make up.

Now that's where the drama began.

"No!"

"Oh come on Andrea,you'll look like a goddess once they are done"

"I said no"

"You haven't even let them try"

"I'm not letting them paint my face!"

"Pain your face? Oh for ducks sake Andrea!"

She burst out laughing.

What was so funny about what I said

"What"

"They are not going to paint your face Andrea,they are just going to enhance your eyes and lips a bit"

"I'll look like a clown"

Bella seemed to have noticed my predicament and told the ladies to give us a minute

"Okay tell me, what's really going on"

"I just don't want to make a fool out of myself tonight"

"Andrea "

"I know that I normally don't care about how I look or about other people's opinions but... I ... Some part of me wants this to work out, but another part of me is telling me that this is a waste of time"

"Andrea "

"It's complicated,I know"

"Oh my poor baby. You should have told me "

"But I'll try ,I guess"

"That's the spirit!"

I smiled at that.

"Now I'm going to make sure that you're the prettiest female in that restaurant "

And I'll repeat it once again. Don't overdo it"