Chapter 38

The reason I hold on
Cause I want this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one
When I'm the only one who needed saving
Cause when you never see the light
It's hard to know which one of us is caving

  I want you to stay
               Rihanna

"Bull shit."

"I'm not joking Andrea, you are indeed my mate"

As if that statement would change anything. When one is desperate he or she would do anything to get whatever it is that they want. They would clutch at anything just to ensure that they can avoid any retribution

"You know if you want to get my sympathy and all you need to get a little bit more creative "

"Andrea. You are my mate and that isn't a lie"..

"If your telling the truth, then your definition and concept of mates is messed up"

"Andrea "

"You wanted to kill me when you first met me. Then you verbally assaulted me every fucking day! You made me feel like shit! You played with my feelings. Tried to manipulate me at some point and because I am not as dumb as some other females I fought back otherwise you would have damaged me

You made me feel horrible about myself and never have you been kind to me.

You then changed drastically and showed some affection only for you mate to show up!"

"Andrea "

"And then you had a ceremony with a random woman that you met after confessing your feelings towards me and fucking marked her! You marked her Xerxes and helped her make my life hell and then now you want to claim that we are mates! Not to mention that you are taking everything that has kept me sane from me!

Fucking bullshit "

"You have to understand Andrea. I had no choice. If I hadn't accepted Larissa as my mate, the pack would have been at stake. I did it all to protect the pack and you as well"

Now that made me laugh but it also made me realize how deranged and idiotic this Alpha was.

The fact that I almost considered being with him despite how he treated me still terrifies me.

I definitely dodged a massive bullet.

"Alpha Xerxes, with all due respect, I need you to let me go and let go of whatever twisted and sick feelings you may have had for me because I for one feel absolutely nothing for you, in fact I despise you .

At this point, I may as well despise your kind ,except the little children,as well because you have all brought me nothing but suffering and stress and trauma left right and center.

Y'all are nothing but ungrateful people who know nothing but to bite the hand that helps them.

I tried to look past all the bullshit going on but enough is enough.

I might as well leave this God forsaken place and never return, that way I may finally have some peace

In fact, after I've left this place I may as well have to go for therapy and get a psychiatrist or a psychologist to help me get my mental health back together.

One thing I regret is letting myself get close to you and allowing you to do the same. I also regret trying to help all you people instead of helping myself

I hate that I placed your kind above me instead of trying to fix myself and I also hate that I tried to justify your ill treatment against me instead of point blank telling you all off and leaving this place.

You want to remove me from running the orphanage,well that is fine. I may as well make it much simpler for you and your precious little Luna because I fucking quit!"

And with that I walked away and headed to where Lucien told me come

As I walked I felt no regret over what I said. In fact I should have said much more than I did.

I also came to realize that this was never my world to begin with. I had never belonged among the wolves and neither will I ever belong.

It was high time that I left all this behind and began a new .

"I've been waiting for a while now, is everything okay"

"Just get on with it Lucien"

He sighed and took out some documents from his bag and laid them on the table

I gave him a questioning look as I skimmed through them. DNA tests, bank statements and reports,what did this have to do with me

"Explain"

"Remember when I told you about the girl that I'm searching for?"

"Yes"

"Well, I've gone to numerous packs and asked around and it has all brought me to one conclusion"

"I still don't understand how this involves me Lucien. Is it one of the children in the orphanage or maybe someone within the pack?

Do you need help in talking to them, is that the reason why you called me here?"

"Just here me out. I did the logistics and the research and I even took a DNA sample and thus I came to a conclusion that you are the girl that I'm looking for"

Impossible

"Are you high on something Lucien or do you think that this is a joke or something. It s a joke right? The alpha must have told you something before hand because what you've just told me is completely impossible"

"Andrea, this is no joke, you are indeed the missing girl that I've been searching for "

"Lies, you have no proof at all, so let's just forget that you ever said this. I'll try to forget and you should to"

"The DNA results don't lie Andrea,you are indeed the girl that I'm searching for. I know that this sounds completely insane and all but you have got to believe me

Actually, when we first met, I somehow already knew because in one way or another you look completely identical to your birth mother and you have your father's eyes"

"Shit. This is fucked up "