ATOTB 1: Season Coming to a Start

A TALE OF TWO-BATTLE TYPES: A BFDIxPOKEMON/PMD STORY

ATOTB 1: Season Coming to a Start

6/5/2026, 1 week before BFDIDX 1

Narrator's POV

A silver car pulled into the driveway of a two-story brick house in the suburbs of Neo Adyphalon City, the biggest population center of the Adyphalon region on the continent of Gadinkia. After being parked beneath the pair of large oak trees that cast shadows on the driveway, the ignition was disabled and the front door opened. From the driver's seat emerged a young man, named Rudy Murphy and aged 24, with medium-length brown hair, and an outfit that is primarily different shades of blue: jeans that were nearly midnight blue, and a hoodie that was closer to sky blue, with his shoes being a shade somewhere between.

Out the passenger's side door emerged a kitten with primarily red fur and some black parts as well. The litten had an extra patch of white fur around one of its eyes. It also donned a red-and-white collar, but it was not an ordinary collar, as it had a special technology that prevents the wearer from being captured in a pokeball. This is convenient, as Rudy doesn't really want to put his companion into a ball, even if only to register it. On its collar was a tag with a pokeball shaped pattern, and it had engraved on it the name 'Wayne', as that was the litten's name.

With Wayne at his side, Rudy walked up to the front door of the house, with the young man holding a pair of food bowls and a litten-sized pet bed. He banged on the door, and was soon greeted by a blonde-haired young woman, his sister, Madeleine. Behind her, lounging on the couch in his pajamas was their brother, Avery.

"Thanks again for offering to look after Wayne," Rudy said as Madeleine led him and his friends into the house. "I hope you two take good care of him while me and my friends, Sophia and Leonard, are gone."

"Yeah," Madeleine said, taking the items as Avery continued to absentmindedly browse Netflix, "but where are you going anyways? And why only the three of you? Don't you have other friends?"

"Sophia and Leonard are the only two of them that can drop everything for such an extended period of time as I want to be gone for because they own their own businesses rather than working for someone else." Rudy smiled. "As for where... we're headed east to the continent of Goiky to find, explore, and document the long-lost Yoyle City!"

"Yoyle City?" Madeleine asked, tilting her head in a puzzled manner. "Isn't that... a myth?"

"Some say so," Avery interjected from behind her, gently patting Wayne who had settled down on the couch near him, "but I believe that it's real."

Madeleine pivoted to face her younger brother, narrowing her eyes at him. "You put Rudy up to this behind my back, didn't you?"

Avery shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. Who can say, really?"

Rudy's sister grumbled, turning back to her older brother. "Did he ask you to do this?"

Rudy shook his head. "Nah, but he did tell me about it. It simply caught my interest is all." He placed a hand on his younger sister's shoulder. "I mean, seriously... berries that turn you to metal? Purple grass? These are things you've got to see to believe, Maddie!"

Wayne, who had also been listening, whimpered sadly at not being able to see these things.

"Oh, Wayne..." Rudy murmured softly, coming to the litten's side and scratching him behind the ear to cheer him up, "I know you want to come, and I'd totally offer to take you, too, but... I'm not sure what we'll find, and it might be risky to have an extra mouth to feed when food could potentially be limited..."