ATOTB 4: When Worlds Collide

A/N From now on, I'm going to distinguish between the different worlds in location headers due to the focus being increasingly split between both worlds, at least in the coming chapters.

January 15th

PMD World, Miobach City Library, Rear Courtyard

Tree branches glistened with icicles and snow as Team Stellar sat around a table looking at a book they had borrowed from the library. The courtyard in question was surrounded on all sides by towering skyscrapers, and it was a bit gloomy because it was cloudy that day anyways.

"Ehm... I don't understand this," Belle said, brushing a bit of snow off of her coat. "Why are we just randomly flipping through? And what is it for anyways?"

"I already told you, Belle, it's a spellbook," Milo answered as he flipped through the pages. "I heard that there may be a way to puncture a hole through space-time to another dimension!" He sighed, the water vapor from his breath dissipating in the chilled air. "Unfortunately, whoever wrote this stupid book didn't include an index, so I have to just hope that the next page has what we're looking for."

"That's... pretty inconvenient..." Loki murmured as the meowstic continued flipping through the pages before he pointed a gloved hand to the page.

"Ah! Here it is! And you can look for a specific person on the other side just by working their name into the incantation!"

"We're gonna get to see Rudy again!" Belle cheered, hopping about gleefully.

"Okay, so the spell can pull up to thirty people through. It can also only ever be either the largest possible size, or too small for anybody to fit... so hopefully nobody else is in the vicinity when we do it. But I don't think we should have Rudy show up here. I think we should go to the beach back in Luneria... for nostalgia's sake... even though we only met him five months ago."

"I agree," Belle said, still shivering. "Besides, I'm pretty sure my paws are going numb."

"Maybe you shouldn't have kicked off the boots I got you," Milo replied as the three used their badges to warp back to the beach. They glowed blue for a brief moment before disappearing entirely.

0-0-0-0

After dropping off their winter attire in the storage box, the trio made their way to the beach, with Milo carrying the book. Using his ESP, he manipulated the pages to open to the page with the portal spell. He turned to his teammates, who were trying to look over his shoulder.

"I'm... going to need you two to stay clear, just in case I mess something up, okay?"

"Got it!" Belle said, and Loki nodded, then both backed away. Then, Milo followed the instructions to test a small portal. A tiny black vortex appeared; the meowstic wore a look of confidence despite his inability to peer through.

"Yes! It's working! ...but can we send something through?" he wondered aloud, pulling out a sitrus berry from his bag and tossing it through.

0-0-0-0

1/15/2027, BFDIDX 16

Main World, Adyphalon Region, west of Neo Adyphalon City

This side of the tiny vortex materialized nearly thirty feet into the air, directly over the part of the BFDIDX contest grounds where Rudy happened to be standing at that moment. Unfortunately for him, that meant the sitrus berry fell and splattered all over his face. At that moment, Sophia ran through the snow to his side.

"Rudy! I just suggested to Avery that he should... um, you have a little... sitrus on your face..."

"Yeah, I can see that," he said, gritting his teeth. She handed him a cloth to wipe the fruit off with. He sighed. "Gotta love sky fruit, am I right? I say we get Cake at Stake over with before more fruit falls on me..."