ATOTB 5: A Talking Pokemon!

PMD World

When Saw came to, she noticed that her body felt extremely hot to the touch before she even opened her eyes.

That's odd, she thought. Why does my body feel so hot? The sun wouldn't heat me up this much in winter...

She opened her eyes, noting that she was lying in sand, and that there were palm trees behind her, the ocean in front, and a lighthouse on a bluff nearby. This confused her.

"This doesn't look like the contest grounds..." she said. "This doesn't even look like anywhere in the region... where are we?" That was when she remembered, and she facepalmed. "Oh, right, the vortex thingy. Probably another world or something... at least we're not dead..." She knelt down near Taco, one of her teammates. "Taco, wake up," she said, shaking the unconscious fish taco, who groaned as she sat up.

"Wh... what happened? Why do I feel... gritty?"

Saw gave her a hug. "Taco, you're alive!"

"Ow, watch it! You're super-hot!"

The pink-handled cutting utensil backed off apologetically as Taco looked around.

"So, um... do you know where we are?" Taco asked.

"Nope, not a clue," Saw replied.

"Hmm... do you at least know who's here?"

"Besides the two of us, I haven't really checked yet. I'm pretty sure I heard Pin yelling about Coiny, so he's probably here..." she looked around. "...there's Blocky, and then Remote... Balloony... Bubble... Lollipop, Flower, Pen, TV, Leafy, Liy, Eraser..."

Saw soon finished listing everyone she knew was present and accounted for.

"...it's too bad Gaty isn't here... she must be worried sick..."

"Okay, but, I'm pretty sure I saw Sophia, Avery, Rudy and his litten- Wayne, I think he named it- get pulled through also."

"Yeah, I think so."

"But I don't see any humans nearby... I only see four pokemon near each other..." Taco pointed towards the quartet of pokemon in question, and the two objects headed over there to get a closer look. She carefully lifted the litten first, reading the tag on its collar.

"Yep, this is Wayne, alright," Taco said. "But that doesn't tell us anything about the umbreon, sylveon, or the weird, white vulpix that's very cold to the touch."

That was when Saw remembered the story Avery told the objects after Rudy told him. She recalled that Rudy said he had ended up in another world, where he had been transformed into an eevee, and that he would go on to evolve into a sylveon. There was a weird-colored sylveon right in front of her, and Rudy was nowhere to be found. And, they certainly seemed to be in another world right now...

The sylveon also had a gold scarf with a badge pinned to it. Taco carefully unpinned the badge. "Maybe this has a name engraved onto it somewhere..." she said, flipping it over and investigating it carefully. She must have accidentally pressed something, because suddenly, a holographic screen projected from it and the (metaphorical, not physical) shock Taco felt caused her to drop it into the sand.

"Welcome back, Sylveon Rudy of Team Stellar," the text on the screen read, repeated by a voice that, Taco noted, sounded an awful lot like Remote.

"Wait, what?" Taco shouted. "He really did transform?! I thought Avery was pulling our collective legs with that story of his! And, that probably also means..." Taco snapped her fingers. "...the other two are Avery and Sophia! But which is which?"