ATOTB 6: A Rudy Awakening

PMD World

The objects just milled about the area in front of the guild, unsure of what to do while they waited for Milo or one of the other pokemon to call for them. Suddenly, TV displayed a white exclamation mark on top of a black background. His screen then changed to show text and an image.

A loud chime played as well, startling some of the objects

A loud chime played as well, startling some of the objects. TV picked up the call.

"Hello?" TV said in a robotic voice as he displayed the other end on his screen. Leo and Madeleine were there, along with some of the objects that were currently in the other dimension.

"Ah, good! It works!" Leo said with relief.

"Of course it does!" Golf Ball added offscreen. "I invented it!"

"First things first, is everyone accounted for? Including Avery, Rudy, Sophia, and Wayne?"

"Yes, they are all here," TV said.

"Is everything going well on the other side?" Basketball asked.

"I guess so?" Leo said. "I mean, we're holding a debut to essentially... distract the viewers from what's been going on lately." He picked up the potential new contestant. "Say hello to Used Fire Stoney!"

"Yo," the desaturated fire stone said, waving.

The objects on TV's side gasped.

"Can he just do that?" Lollipop asked Book.

"Actually, the BFDI game rules say that as long as the last rejoin or debut happened at least three episodes ago, the host or hosts can hold another whenever they choose, so he can just do that."

Leo waved dismissively after placing Used Fire Stoney on the ground. "That's not important right now. Can I speak to my cohosts, or even to Avery?"

"I'm afraid they aren't able to talk right now," Liy answered.

"Let me guess, they were turned into pokemon, meaning I likely won't be able to understand them?"

Liy winced. "I mean, for what it's worth, we could understand a pair of pokemon that helped us out with them so maybe you can-"

Leo stamped a foot. "Dang it!" Madeleine shook her head in disbelief.

"If it makes you feel better, even if they were still human they still can't talk right now because they're unconscious."

"How would that make me feel any better?" Leo flung his other arm out. "I was just told that my two best friends were turned into pokemon!"

"Technically, you assumed that to be the case," Tree pointed out offscreen. "A correct assumption, I guess, but..."

"Shush," Leo snapped, then sighed. "I already know Rudy's a sylveon, but what about the other two?"