ATOTB 3: Story of my Time

10/16/2026, BFDIDX 10

Goikian Plains, Contest Grounds

Leonard Pulawski's POV

"It's been nearly two months since we've heard back from Rudy," I said. "I've shot him a bunch of text messages, and I know they're going through because there's somehow service out here... but he's not even reading them! Look!"

I pulled out my phone to show the message log to Sophia. She hummed in disappointment.

"Yeah," she admitted. "This radio silence is starting to get kind of distressing. But we have more pressing matters right now, because isn't it time for Cake at Stake?"

I glanced behind me to the picnic tables near Gelatin's Steakhouse, where we had been holding BFDI's trademark elimination ceremony since we started the season. Over there waiting for us was Teardrop's Team, who had just lost for a third time in the previous episode because Sotp Sign refused to let Eggy commit tax fraud. I'm not kidding; last episode's challenge was to make as much money as possible.

"True, we... should go do that," I admitted, walking along with her to the tables where the six members of the team were seated.

"Teardrop's Team, you just lost for a third time last episode, making you the first team this season to reach five members!" Sophia said as I checked my phone again, as I had felt it vibrate in my pocket. My brows flew high when I saw the notification.

"Hey Sophia-"

"Are! You! Seated!?" Sophia chanted.

"Em, Sophia, can we just... get this over with?" Winner asked.

"Sure thing! Winner, you're the first one safe with 18520 votes!"

She tossed a cake slice to the blue blob, who used their weird hand thing to shove it into their side, a sight I have yet to get used to. But that was the least of my concerns at the moment.

"Sophia," I said again, pointing to my phone.

"Also safe are the three members of the Newbie Alliance!" she continued, completely ignoring me as she tossed three more slices of cake to Lollipop, Teardrop, and Gelatin in that order.

"Now it's down to Eggy and Sotp Sign," she said, pronouncing 'Sotp' as 'Sop'. "One of you two will be leaving the show today!"

"SOPHIA!" I shouted.

She whipped around to face me. "Alright, what is it?" she asked calmly.

"I finally got a response from Rudy!" I said excitedly. "I haven't read it yet though because I want you to hear it!"

"That's great," Lollipop said, arms crossed, "but I believe we're in the middle of something, are we not? Can you please tell us who's leaving first?"

Next to her, Teardrop nodded in agreement.

Sophia rolled her eyes. "I was going to before Leo interrupted me..." She tossed the last slice of cake to Eggy. "Sotp Sign's out."

Sotp Sign sneered. "I can't believe this. I actually respect the law and get eliminated for it? Unbelievable!"

"Hey, in my defense," Eggy said getting in the face of the metal octagon on a metal pole, "tax fraud is very profitable. We would have won if you didn't stop us!"

I took out the Actually Tiny Loser Chamber, a small grey metal box where we put all eliminated contestants, and opened the lid. "Welp, in you go, Stoppy," I said. "Thanks for playing!"

The ATLC sucked him in an instant, leaving not a trace.

"Good riddance, am I right?" Eggy said.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far," Winner replied, "but... sure."