TRUST

We pulled up go the school and rushed in through the front door. "I'll get the principal to pull up the surveillance footage from her previous class" Xavier shouted before running off. He better, because if we can't find her, he knows I'll hold him responsible. I placed him in charge of her protection and he knows how important she is to everyone and even himself because of his history with her parents. I had an idea as to where she was but I was also worried that Zidane came back for her and probably it would've been too late when we found her.

"Xavier head towards the roof, second door, there's an old classroom beside it, check there and be careful you of all people should know Zidane by now".
It rained on me that she used to love staying in that abandoned storage room especially last year when she just arrived in New Port. I never supported that fact that she stayed in there and missed some classes but if it brought her comfort I could at least give her that.

Zidane....

That one name was being repeated over and over. I hated this boy and I wanted him taken down. I wanted to get to the root of the other side and since he's practically the best they have to offer, taking out the prince is the easiest way to get to the king.

By the time I got to the roof I already saw Xavier carrying a yet again knocked out Aria in his arms. This might sound superstitious but based on the amount of coincidences happening recently especially concerning Aria, I think Zidane is getting way too active since he escaped the facility. He loves jokes, so I can tell he's toying with her before he's ready to kill her.
I don't think the door just magically froze shut, the weather is cold and rainy but not enough for the door to freeze shut.

We brought her to the car and I wasn't going to take her to the hospital again, the part I was worrying about was how we were going to explain the situation to her.
I made a promise to her parents.

Aria Summers what were you thinking-" I began but the little girl walked inside the house. See this is what happens when you never say no to kids. Parents out there please take note, learn from me.

She went inside and sat on the couch. Xavier gave her a towel from behind and it gave me an angry feeling, like I would just rip that kid in two, but I held my composure, reminding myself to speak to him afterwards about distance.

"Aria Summers don't you dare walk away from me when I am talking to you".
"What were you thinking were you crazy? Last year it was the same thing, with that stupid room!"

That's how he was able to get to you. He knew we'd find you, he just wanted to make you suffer first.

"I'm sorry" She sighed in defeat. That 'sorry' didn't sound sincere and that agitated me. Doesn't she know how much I care about her. I just want to protect her, more than she even knows.

"You're always sorry Aria, you never take responsibility for you're actions and I always allow you to get away with it, but not this time. You're principal called me and told me you were missing and I went ballistic!"

(Actually Xavier told me she were missing, she just doesn't need to know that).

"I'm putting my foot down this time sweetheart, you're grounded for 2 weeks, that means no going out, only school and back, no devices only textbooks". The safest two weeks hopefully, just to get this situation under control, or else well have to go in hiding.

"Seriously Dad you're gonna be one of those type of dads!"
"Definitely gonna be one of those dads" I said, walking away, but not before looking at Xavier first- signaling to him that we'll talk afterwards.

I walked into the kitchen and contacted Simon.
"Is everything taken care of and ready?" I asked.
"Sir we still haven't been able to find any sort of clue, or evidence leading to Zidane, he's become more capable than two years ago sir and even though I just met that little girl, even I worry about her safety".
His words left an uneasy feeling on my stomach as I hung up the phone.
I used my fist and slammed it on the counter, looking over the isle to see if Aria noticed.

I sighed and rubbed my temple, brushing off what just happened and walked back into the living room.

The shit her parents put her into...
The fact that they were murdered before they even got to teach her or tell her the real history behind her life.
The fact that I let Xavier into the agency because of the 1 percent of kindness in my heart, knowing that I can't fully trust him and his family history and how it relates to Aria.
I was worrying so much lately I was afraid I'd lose what's left of the hair on my head. I just got a new military cut last week. I didn't want to go bald.

"How do you know my father, and how did you find me?" I heard Aria ask and if I knew that boy- which I did- I know that he can't keep his mouth shut. He's been bugging me to tell Aria the truth.

"Keep your mouth shut!" I yelled and gave him a stink eye. She's not ready to know yet, I'm not ready to put her back in that position.

"She will have to know one day".
Xavier said in a suggestive tone towards me and I let out a heavy sigh.

How am I gonna explain it?
That's the question.

"What is it that you too are hiding from me?" She asked impatiently.
Xavier scratched the back of his head and signaled to me to begin the conversation.

After a few minutes she started getting impatient. I hated when she did and I was feeling uneasy. Why did it have to be today? The past week must've hit her hard and there was nothing I could do about it. Zidane was on the loose and I was here worrying about how I'm going to tell my 17 year old adopted daughter that her parents were spies and that their death wasn't just a normal plane crash. This would be hard. I could some how feel her pain already. She's been through hell and back, just to hear this news and go there again. By telling her all of this I would put her in the same damn place she was in two years ago and I wasn't ready to do that just yet.

"Look sweet heart there are just some things that you're not meant to know and-"
She cut me offf.

"This has something to do with my parents right?" A loud sigh escaped her mouth and she got up to leave.
Just to imagine her world and what she's been through that alone made my heart ache. She'll never be able to smile again.

She was heading up the stairs, when
I shouted
"The truth is" and paused for a minute to figure out what to say next, then continued "I knew your parents before they died.... I used to work with them."

We were actually three peas in a pod, I didn't want to say that though.

"What did you just say,?" She stepped back down from the stair case and walked back into the living room. I could hear the shock and hurt present in her voice.

"I've always wanted to tell you but I promised your parents that I couldn't."

"What a promise". I said to myself

"You knew my parents?" She repeated. I knew she hated liers yet here I was the biggest one. It was for her best interest at heart. That's what her parents wanted. It wasn't the best decision but I couldn't go against it.
Honestly if it was up to me, she would've known already and would've been trained to take care of herself.

"You're kidding me right?" She laughed. "This has to be some kind of sick joke" She walked up to me as if to intimidate me and I internally laughed, sometimes she forgets she's the kid and I'm the adult.

"Why don't you sit down and I'll explain everything to you". I was nervous as I said this. I lead her to the couch.
While standing I continued, "I've worked with your parents for over 10 years Aria, they were my best friends, we went to school together and we all did the same job. When I found out they died I just couldn't bring myself to not search for their daughter and I adopted you. My love for them tripled and turned into the love I have for you sweetheart". I tried to soften her up. I just needed to tell her all the necessary information.

It still dawned on me though....I broke my promise to my best friends. At least I didn't fail to protect her. If only she knew that thousands of people wanted her dead. Every friend was an enemy and there was no one she could trust in this world. Maybe to some extent not even me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Another chapter taken down, two chapters in one day....I feel energized yet tired at the same time.

Comment, vote and follow!
I want to hear your views!
Instagram: @watt_padwriter101
View all the clothing and characters, don't
forget to follow!

Stay beautiful,
Author