hawkins high

Tuesday
____________________

I skipped around my house quickly gathering my things for school. I had already missed Monday because I had to sort my stuff out which consisted of very little clothes, a matress and a couple canned food. It wasn't much, but I didn't need a lot of stuff because it's just me.

I finished drying my hair as I sang my favourite song to myself in the mirror. "Eddie my love... I love you so..." I would always hear it echo throughout the halls of the lab and It's been my favourite ever since.

I hurried out of the bathroom into my room and changed into a white laced matching set of undergarments, followed with my piercing, a short red dress and a black jacket. I tossed on my boots and clipped my necklace around my neck.

I've never really gotten to dress up until recently, It was always those horrid hospital gowns day in and day out, so when I get the chance, I take it and dress how I always imagined myself to

I quickly did a double take in the mirror to make sure my hair wasnt frizzy then I snatched my bag off the ground and walked out the door. Hawkins High School wasn't too far of a walk from here but I still didn't want to walk it. Just as I stepped foot onto the front lawn, a van rounded the corner from the trailer park and sped off into the direction of the school. I coughed and waved my hand infront of my face as the dirt settled.

What the hell was that about?

Pressing play on my walkman, I groaned and began trudging up the side of the road to the school, wishing I didn't have to go at all.

time skip

I entered the school doors, surprised at how quiet it actually was. I thought it would be more chaotic. The few kids that were in the hall stopped to stare and spread quiet whispers about me. I could hear them all.

"Is she new?"

"Would you look at her outfit? What a sl-"

"Forget her clothes, look at her body."

I physically cringed when I heard the last whisper travel through my ears. None of them knew I could hear them. Infact any normal person wouldn't have. I just ignored them and followed the signs to the main office. I made my way to the front desk and instantly got welcomed with a warm smile. "You must be Y/N, am I correct?" The lady asked. I nodded my head yes and waited patently as she searched between some papers. She looked back up, only to look behind me. "Ah, Robin you're just in time." The lady said to who I'm guessing was the girl behind me. "Here Y/N, this is your schedule from now on, and this is Robin Buckley. She will be your guide today." The lady smiled and handed me a folded paper. I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned to face it, I was met with a very enthusiastic handshake. "It is so nice to meet you Y/N, I'm Robin. And just so you know, that outfit looks great, it really brings out all of your features." Robin said, still shaking my hand. I smiled and thanked her. I was honestly happy that she didn't automatically think of me badly like those other students. Robin suddenly took my schedule and scanned. Her eyes lit up as soon as she handed it back to me. "That is so cool. We have all the same classes together. Except for band. I take band. Although I'm not very good at it." Robin suddenly stopped talking and looked at me, as If she were waiting for a response. "I like when you talk." I said. And I meant it. It was nice to listen to Robin ramble because of all the emotions held within the words. I'm not good at understanding emotions, but with Robin's mini speeches, I'll pick up on it in no time.

Robin stared at me for a good minute. I think she was confused, but also happy. I glanced at the office lady beside me with a questioning look, but she just raised an eyebrow and shrugged her shoulders.

"I can tell we are going to be good friends." I said, pulling Robin from here stare. She smiled widely and pulled me by my hand to our first class just as the bell rang. Maybe school won't be so bad after all.