the three of us

Wednesday
____________________

I sat at my desk in the corner of the room. I was the last person to enter the class, obviously a little late. Luckily the teacher left me alone and didn't ask any questions. Unfortunately,  Steve and Robin were staring at me as if I were crazy.

"Am I seeing things or did Eddie Munson just walk you to class?" Robin asked, her face covered in surprise. "He drove me home too." I said, pulling out my English book and pen. "When? Last night?" Steve asked, leaning past Robin to talk to me. "Yeah." I said, writing the work on the board down in my book. "Did he stay over." Robin and Steve both asked in unison, their eyes full of questions. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "No, he didn't." I responded. They both clearly still wanted more answers, but chose not to ask them.

time skip

The bell for lunch rang and everyone rushed out of the classroom. Steve and Robin waited for me as I packed up my things. When we walked out of the door, I spotted Eddie leaning on the wall with the biggest grin spread across his face. "You guys go on, I'll catch up." I told Robin and Steve. They both looked at each other then at me again, but walked off anyway. I turned back around to face Eddie. He slightly tilted his head when my eyes met his. It didn't help that I had to look up at him just to be able to hold any eye contact. He was around 5'11" and I was only about 5'1".

"I was waiting for you." He finally spoke. I leaned on the wall next to him, my back facing the cafeteria. "I can see that." I said, holding the eye contact. Eddie's eyes flicked from mine to my lips, almost too quick to notice. He held out his hand, waiting for me to take it. And I did. He led me to the cafeteria and I spotted Robin and Steve down the other end. I said my goodbye to Eddie and quickly walked over to them. "Oh hey Y/N." Robin said as I sat down next to her. "Hi." I smiled. I looked at Steve, only to see a girl I didn't know next to him. "Y/N, this is Nancy." Steve said, introducing me to her. I waved at Nancy and she gave me a warm smile. She was really pretty. I can tell why Steve's always looking at her. "Oh Y/N..." Nancy started, catching my attention. "...do you wanna come to the mall with me this afternoon? It would be great to get to know you." She said. I thought about it for a good minute. I was in desperate need of some clothes and maybe a pillow. "I'd like that, but where is it?" I asked. I may have been the cause of Starcourt's fall, but it didn't mean I knew how to get there. "Oh don't worry about it, we'll go in my car after school." Nancy said. I looked over to see Robin staring down at her hands. I turned back to Nancy. "Can Robin come too?" I asked, not wanting her to feel left out. Robin's head perked up and she looked at me. I could tell it made her happy that I wanted her around. Nancy glanced at Robin, she looked unsure. I almost thought she was going to say no, but she turned to me with I smile and nodded her head. "Yeah of course." Nancy said. Robin let out a breath of relief and quickly thanked Nacny. "I promise, you won't even know I'm there." Robin said. I looked at her, confused as to why she said that. "No, I want you there. You're allowed to be there." I said, trying to rid of Robin's negative thoughts.

time skip

It was the end of the day, and I was excited to go to the mall with Nancy and Robin. I followed them out of the school and waved to Steve when he left. As Nancy unlocked her car, I saw Eddie walking out of the school. "Nancy, I'll be a second." I said, walking over to Eddie. She looked at Robin and they began talking about something I couldn't hear. Eddie saw me and his face instantly lit up. He opened his arms and I ran up to him, giving him a tight hug. "I'm sorry I didn't see you second lunch." I said, looking up at him. "You don't have to be sorry to me. Never." He said, pulling away from the hug but keeping one hand on my waist. "You got a ride home?" He asked, looking behind me to see Robin and Nacny leaning on the car. "We are going to the mall first." I said, looking back at the girls. "Alright well have fun, and don't go off alone okay? I don't want you getting frightened again like this morning." Eddie said, running his thumb along my jawline whilst holding eye contact. "I promise." I said before pulling away and walking back over to the girls.

I let Robin sit in the front with Nancy, and I sat in the middle of the back seat. "You two are a cute couple." Nancy said, looking at me through the mirror then back at the road. I didn't know what to say, mainly because I didn't know what the word 'couple' meant in that context. "Couple?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, waiting for an explanation. "Yeah you know, boyfriend and girlfriend?" Nancy explained. My eyes widened and I looked at Robin, she looked at me knowing I didn't know what to say. "Oh they aren't together Nancy." Robin said for me. Nancy apologised,  but i said it was okay. I never really thought about relationships before. I'd have no idea how to even act in one because Papa was strict when it came to attachments.

"We're here Y/N." Robin said, hopping out of the car and opening the door for me. I stared in awe when I saw the mall. It was atleast five stories high and the length of a football field. There was a sign right at the entrance that read 'Star Court Mall' in bright neon colours and there were plants all around the building, complementing its shape. "This is where I used to work, before it was destroyed." Robin said. My smile dropped and I turned to her. "Destroyed how?" I asked. Robin and Nancy looked at eachother, then to me. "It's a really long story." Nancy said, clearly covering for Robin. I already knew how though. I just didn't know they were there. "Come on, no need to dwell on it." Nancy said, pulling me by my arm into the mall. I reached for Robin and hooked my arm with hers as we entered the mall. "Let's go get some new clothes."