eddie my love

Tuesday
____________________

I sat at the lunch table with my head resting on my hands, listening to Steve and Robin bicker about some upcoming game. I was still slightly baffled by the coincidence of Eddie's name and my favourite song I was just singing this morning, but I thought nothing of it still. The bell rang for third lesson and students began rushing out of the cafeteria. I sighed and stood up, pulling down my dress a bit since it had slightly rode up my thighs a bit more than what I would have liked. Grabbing my bag, I followed Steve and grabbed Robin's hand again so that I wouldn't lose her in the crowd. The three of us sluggishly made our way to science and sat in the second last row, Robin and Steve either side of me. I pulled out my book and pen and began writing the work when I felt someone kick the back of my chair. I ignored it the first time, but spun around as soon as it was kicked again.

"Hey new girl." Eddie whispered, a smirk tugging at his lips. I rolled my eyes and sighed. Maybe Steve was right. An hour half and a poor attempt at ignoring Eddie passed and it was finally lunch again. As soon as the bell rang, I grabbed my stuff and was the first person out of there. Steve and Robin rushed after me, but stayed quiet when they caught up, knowing damn well why I was in a bad mood. We reached our lunch table and took our seats.

"Steve..." Two boys stood behind Steve, clinging to him as if he were their mother. "So do you have it?" The boy with black hair and a white shirt that read 'Hellfire Club' asked. Steve looked annoyed, but still answered. "Is that even a question, of course I have it." Steve retorted whilst reaching for his bag. "Well then where is it." The boy with curly brown hair and also a shirt that read 'Hellfire club' asked. "Yeah alright just hold on." Steve slightly snapped, pulling a wound up movie tape from his bag and handing it to the boy with curly hair. The two thanked Steve and then looked at me. "Oh you must be the new girl, I'm Mike and this is Dustin." Mike said, holding out a hand. I shook his hand but didn't say my name, I didn't need to because Robin had beaten me to it. Mike and Dustin walked back over to their table, to where Eddie is. I'd only just noticed that everyone at that table wore 'Hellfire club' shirts, and the way Eddie acted, he seemed to be important to them. I quickly looked away when I met Eddie's eyes. How awkward.

time skip

School was over for the day and students were pouring out the doors and into the parking lots. I followed Steve and Robin to what I assume is Steve's car. "Can you get home from here?" Robin asked. I nodded yes and politely declined Steve's offer to drive me. "I walk." I said. Robin hopped into the passenger seat of Steve's car and they waved goodbye to me. By now, most of the students were gone, except for a small handful. I began walking out of the drive way and onto the side of the road I take to get home. It was pretty peaceful all things considered. That was until the same van from this morning pulled up next to me.

"Need a ride new girl?"

My eyes widened and I stopped in my tracks when I heard Eddie's voice come from the van. I turned to look at him with a glare. "It was you." Eddie's eyebrows raised in question. He was clearly confused and was waiting for me to elaborate. "You were the one who sped out of the trailer park and kicked dirt up at me on my first day." My fists tightened and I continued to glare at him. His mouth slightly dropped and he stared at me with hints of disbelief in his eyes. "Oh... that was you..." His voice was soft and he obviously realised what I was talking about. "Well uh... I'm sorry about that, but I can make it up to you by giving you a ride the rest of the way. Considering I know where you live now." Eddie reached over to the passenger side and pushed the door open for me. I wanted to decline, but I really didn't want to walk home any longer. "You are a bad driver." I mumbled, referring to this morning as i climbed into the passenger seat. "Yeah... I know." He sighed as I carefully closed the door. "And you don't wear a seat belt." I added, taking notice of how dangerous that was. "Yeah, I also know." He said, putting his foot on the pedal.

A few minutes passed and no words were spoken, but the silence was more than enough to keep me thinking. Eddie pulled up to my house just outside the park and I stepped out of the van, carefully closing the door. I turned to walk inside, but quickly decided to catch Eddie's attention before he drove off. "You know you're not what I thought you'd be like." I randomly blurted out. Eddie looked at me for a few seconds, then smiled. With one hand still on the steering wheel, he used his other to cover a little of his face with his hair. "What, mean and scary?" He asked. I laughed and nodded, happy that the silence was broken between us. "Yeah well, I actually thought you'd be kinda mean and scary too." He added, letting his hair fall back to the side of his face. "Me?" I asked, playfully offended. He laughed and gripped the steering wheel. "It was nice to meet you Eddie." I said with a smile. Eddie tilted his head, confused as to how I know his name. "Steve told me." I added. He thought for a moment before responding, his face dropped slightly when I mentioned Steve, but lit back up when he spoke. "It was nice to meet you too Y/N." He said with a grin. I furrowed my eyebrows. I never told him my name. "I asked Mike to find out for me." He said, erasing my question. I couldn't help but smile as I watched him drive off into the trailer park. Steve and Robin are gonna freak out when I tell them tomorrow.