first day

Tuesday
____________________

Robin and I were the first to enter English. She pulled me to the back left corner of the class and we took our seats. I was right on the edge of the room, where as Robin was next to me. Soon, students filled the room and all the seats were taken, but one.

"Alright class, I hope you like where you're sitting because this is where you sit for the rest of the year." The teacher let out an audible sigh and looked at the only empty seat then to Robin. "Buckley, where the hell is Harrington?" The teacher asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I don't know." Robin said. The teacher didn't like that response. "You don't know?" Robin just shrugged. The teacher gave up pretty quick as soon as his eyes landed on me. I looked at Robin confused because he was just staring. No one seemed to notice except for Robin and I since they were all chucking things around the classroom and talking. Just as I was about to speak up, the door flung open and a boy walked in with what seemed to be perfectly styled hair and fancy clothes. The teacher pealed his eyes off of me and acknowledged the boy.

"Mr Harrington. Late again it seems. Even the new girl made it here before you, take a seat next to Robin."

The boy pursed his lips at the teacher's words and sat down across from Robin. They both shared a complicated looking handshake as soon as he sat down. Robin then turned and whispered to me. "Y/N, this is Steve. If for some reason you can't find me, he can help you. But he won't need to since you will never not be able to find me." Steve leaned forward past Robin and waved at me. I waved back with a smile. "He's in all our classes?" I asked. Robin nodded yes but then quickly shook her head no. "I mean he is in all of our classes, just except for band." She confirmed. I nodded to show her I understood and tried to focus on the lesson. It was kind of hard though. I constantly caught the teacher staring at me when he wasn't talking to the class. Steve picked up on it too, I'm guessing Robin told him because she saw how uncomfortable I was. Only fourty eight minutes to go until English is over.

time skip

Lesson two finally ended and it was now lunch. Something I was not looking forward too. Robin and Steve guided me down the hall, just outside the cafeteria. There was way too many people for my liking. I pulled back and Steve gave me a confused look when I shook my head. "Too many." I said, clearly stressed out by all the noise coming from inside. "Too many people?" Robin asked me. I nodded my head and looked at her with pleading eyes. Steve grabbed me by my shoulders so that I was forced to look at him. "Hey it's all good Y/N. Robin and I have your back. You can walk in the middle of us so you're not near the people." Steve said, which was pretty comforting knowing I had them to count on.

I took a deep breath and followed them into the cafeteria, taking Robin's hand so that i wouldnt lose them. We walked down the middle looking for a free space to sit. I couldn't help but overhear some of the conversation going on around me.

"But as long as you're into band..."

I looked around the room, unable to locate where the loudest voice in the room was coming from.

"Or science..."

I finally saw where all the noise was coming from. It was just down the isle, a little bit before where Steve and Robin are heading too.

"Or parties..."

I let go of Robin's hand and slowed down out of curiosity. I'd never seen someone so loud and unbothered before. He's walking across the middle of a lunch table, drawing a lot of attention.

"Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!"

I stopped right infront of the table as he stopped on the edge with his hands cupped around his mouth. He hadn't noticed me yet because his attention was focused across the room. I followed his eyes just in time to witness what he was looking at.

"You want something freak?"

A blonde boy snapped. He was wearing a green jacket with white sleeves and a yellow collar. Sewn into the side was the number eighty six. "Mouthbreather." I mumbled, not happy with how he spoke. I turned back around only to have to look up to be able to see who was infront of me. "Mouthbreather is correct." He spoke. He was now towered over me instead of on the table, studying every inch of me. "You new here?" He asked. I was about to answer, but was pulled away by Steve, not once breaking eye contact with the boy until we got to our table. "Ignore him. He likes to torment everyone. Especially the new people." Robin said, taking a bite out of her apple. "He wasn't mean." I said, not believing Robin. "You don't know Eddie, he can be a real pain." Steve added, almost seeming jealous in a way. "I could handle it." I responded, making both Robin and Steve look at me. I ignored their questions and glanced over at Eddie's table. He does look a little mean...