darkness

Wednesday
____________________

The three of us walked into the mall with our arms linked. Robin and Nancy were on either side of me and I was in the middle. I stopped right infront of the water fountain and held out my hand, allowing the water to run off my fingers. It was cold, but it felt nice. "Where do you want to go first Y/N? We practically got the whole mall to ourselves since it's the afternoon." Robin asked, pulling me away from the fountain and spinning me in a circle so I could see all of the options. I stopped spinning and looked around, trying to see anything that stood out to me. Seeing all these choices made me realise that I didn't actually know what I wanted. I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Robin, a little disappointed in myself. "That's okay, we will just visit them all until you find something you like..." Nancy spoke up. "...and don't worry about price of anything, I'll pay for tonight. Think of it as a welcoming gift." She said pulling me and Robin by our arms into the first shop.

I stood at the entrance of the shop, not knowing what to do or where to go. Robin on the other hand seemed extremely flustered. Nancy just looked at us as if we were crazy. "Come on you two, come pick something out. It's just lingerie, it's not gonna hurt you." Nancy said, tugging at our arms. Robin and I looked at eachother, then around the shop again. There were at least five manikins on display with very revealing clothes on and shelves stocked to the brim with all sorts of bras, underwear and matching sets.

We'd all been searching for something we liked for a few minutes now, not being able to find anything. I quickly set down the piece I had in my hand and rushed over to the girls with an idea. "If we can't pick something, then why don't we just match?" I asked. It didn't take them long to agree and we soon settled on something with the same design, but chose different colours. I chose black, Nancy chose white and Robin chose red.

time skip

It had been about three hours since we entered the mall. Nancy convinced me to pick out some dresses that weren't the colour black and Robin helped me decide. She watched as I came out of the dressing room with a new dress that Nancy handed me every two minutes. We all eventuality decided that was enough clothes shopping for the evening headed to Nancy's car. The parking lot was empty and some of the street lamps needed replacing. The cold breeze caused the trees to creak and rub against eachother, leaving an unsettling feeling lingering around the mall. I was walking behind the girls as I was tired and in desperate need of a bed.

I had almost reached the car when I suddenly heard the heavy toll of a clock. I froze, peeling my eyes from the ground and glancing over my shoulder. There it was. At the very far end of the parking lot, stood the same clock as this morning. The golden pendulum reflected the moon light as it swayed back and fourth, followed by a single chime.

"Y/N..."

I spun around, feeling warm breath on my ear.

"You cannot hide from me Y/N..."

Without looking where I was going, I quickly spun back around and ran into Robin. The both of us hit the ground hard. I landed on top of Robin and sat up. She grabbed me by my shoulders, forcing me to look at her. Nancy ran to us and crouched down, looking into my eyes. Robin didn't care that I was sitting on her, for some reason they both looked at me, as frightened as I was. "What the hell was that? Are you okay Y/N?" Nancy spoke quickly, she was clearly stressed. "Dude your eyes were white and you were just standing there, not responding until you suddenly ran into me as if you snapped out of whatever you were in!" Robin said frantically, sitting up in her elbows and checking my eyes again. I looked at them both, unable to utter a single word. Nancy pulled me up from Robin's lap and dusted me off, then she helped Robin to her feet. "We'd better tell the group, but for now, you both are staying at my house until we know more." Nancy said with a stern yet gentle voice. Neither of us argued and just hopped into the car.

I sat at the back with my head resting on the window, watching as all the trees passed by in a flash. We soon pulled into Nancy's drive way, leaving our shopping bags in the car to deal with tomorrow. Mrs Wheeler leant Robin and I some pyjamas. We decided to just share the one bed, not wanting to be separated too much after tonight's events. Robin was already dead asleep in the middle, Nancy was close to falling asleep on the left and I was still wide awake on the other side. I could still hear his whispers creeping around in the back of my mind, trying to convince me to become the person I once was. I sighed, staring at the tattoo on my wrist. Maybe if I stared hard enough, it would disappear.