001. take me home

chapter one take me home

chapter one
take me home

FLORENCE CASTILLO LAID on her stomach, suitcase on the floor, clothes spread around the room as she held her phone up to her ear

FLORENCE CASTILLO LAID on her stomach, suitcase on the floor, clothes spread around the room as she held her phone up to her ear. It was the start of summer, and Florence was supposed to be getting ready for her annual family trip to their summerhouse in Cousins. However, instead of packing, she was on the phone while her mum and siblings all finished getting ready.

She had been on the phone for at least the last hour, the rest of her family bustling around and ignoring her as the seconds tick closer to their departure from their house. Florence pushed her hair out of her face as she listened to her best friend complain about her not being in Cousins yet. The brunette was on her bed, on top of the lilac sheets with a smile on her face.

"I'm coming to the bonfire tomorrow, okay? I'll see you there." Florence told her best friend, Shayla, once again. Florence and Shayla were in the same school year and had met during summer around six or seven years ago. They could only see each other during the summer, neither of them old enough to travel to see each other at any other time of the year. But they made up for it with constant phone calls and facetimes.

"That's not nearly close enough." Shayla complained. "I want to see you now, it's been a year Flo. I miss you!"

"I know you do." Florence smiled, despite her not being able to see it. "I miss you too."

"For the love of god, Flo, you need to pack before we can leave for you to see Shayla." Her older brother, Camden quipped from the doorway. Camden was a full time student at Southern California University where he played football, one of the main reasons he chose to go however being it closeness to the beach allowing him to visit his favourite place on earth. He always came back to see his family whenever he could, including the summer because he was so far away the rest of the year.

"You haven't packed yet!" Shayla shrieked down the phone, making Florence pull a face, which Camden laughed at.

"Gotta go, see you tomorrow." Florence quickly hung up the phone, before throwing one of her pillows at her brother. "You're an ass."