007. shoot your shot!

chapter sevenshoot your shot!

chapter seven
shoot your shot!

The group all left the arcade, moving outside to join the unusually small queue for shoot your shot

The group all left the arcade, moving outside to join the unusually small queue for shoot your shot. Florence stood at the front, a small smile on her face when someone stepped in line with her.

"You ready to go down?" Conrad asked her.

"You talking to a mirror that I don't see or..." The girl raised her eyebrows at him.

Conrad shook his head fondly before his face grew serious, "Thank you."

"For what?" Florence turned to him.

"Being here, being... you." Conrad shrugged. "Not a lot of people would've dropped everything to be here with me. But you did, and you... care about me. Just... thank you."

"You don't have to thank me." Florence responded. "I'll always be here."

"This isn't like... weird for you, though, is it?" Conrad asked.

"Is it weird for you?" Florence wondered.

"No." Conrad answered quickly. "No, it isn't."

"Then it isn't for me either." Florence told him with a small smile.

"Good."

Florence then let out a small laugh, "We did break the no contact rule though, massively."

"The no contact rule?" Conrad furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"You're not supposed to contact your ex for thirty days to help you get over them, heal, whatever." Florence explained.

"You don't sound like you believe in it." Conrad laughed softly.

"No, I do." Florence nodded. "I just... I let me emotions out in other ways too."

"Songs?" Conrad face turned wary.

"Many." Florence nodded once more.

"Should I be scared?" Conrad wondered.

"Terrified." Florence smiled.