002. different ways of coping

chapter two different ways of coping

chapter two
different ways of coping

Florence drove back to the Conklin house in silence, even music being too much for her at the moment

Florence drove back to the Conklin house in silence, even music being too much for her at the moment. She took the spare key from under the mat, unlocking the door and walking into the empty house. Florence texted Steven reminding him to actually tell his mother that Florence was at his house without her knowing. She walked upstairs to Steven's room, flopping down on his bed with a huff.

She rolled over onto her stomach, picking her phone back up and facetiming Shayla. After a few rings, the girl picked up, a smiling Shayla popping up on the screen. "Hey Flo."

"Shay Shay." Florence greeted.

Shayla's eyebrows furrowed as she looked around Florence's surroundings. "Where are you?"

"In Steven's bedroom." Florence answered. "It was his graduation today."

"And you went, even after prom?" Shayla asked.

"He didn't do anything after prom." Florence reminded her.

"Exactly, he didn't do anything." Shayla emphasised.

"He called." Florence stated. "And he had Belly to deal with too."

"I know." Shayla let out a sigh. "How can I help you?"

"I need an outfit for this grad party later." Florence explained.

"You have options?" Shayla wondered.

"A skirt and then whatever I can find in the Conklin's wardrobes." Florence responded.

"Well let's embrace your inner Shania Twain with men shirts and short skirts." Shayla commented with a smile.

Florence let out a laugh, getting up from Steven's bed. She leant her phone up against a cup of water on his desk that was conveniently opposite his wardrobe. The girl opened Steven's wardrobe, rifling all of his t-shirts, picking out her favourites.

She let out a sigh when she realised she didn't like the look of any of them with her mini black skirt.

"What about that purple tee?" Shayla pointed out.