006. the great boardwalk showdown

chapter sixthe great boardwalk showdown

chapter six
the great boardwalk showdown

Florence woke up the next morning to clanging and voices carrying throughout the house

Florence woke up the next morning to clanging and voices carrying throughout the house. Florence groaned, rolling over and slowly climbing out of Steven's bed, the boy already up. Florence jumped at the sight of Sydney stood in the doorway.

"Hi?" Florence greeted.

"I went to the house and grabbed some clothes." Sydney stated, throwing a bag of clothes at her sister.

"Is that so you can stop wearing the same unfashionable t-shirt?" Florence wondered with raised eyebrows.

"No." Sydney shook her head. "It's so you can stop wearing Conrad's shirt, although I'm sure you're enjoying it fully."

"Shut up!" Florence exclaimed, moving to close the door when she heard voices in the hallway. Sydney and Florence walked out of the room, leaning against the wall and watching Steven talk to Taylor.

"I'm gonna go see if I can steal a muffin, okay?" Sydney told the brunette, who nodded.

Sydney walked away, rushing off downstairs without anyone noticing her as Florence observed Taylor and Steven. When Taylor turned to and walked into Belly's room, Steven suddenly noticed her presence.

Florence sent him a small smirk. "Taylor, my girlfriend? No way, she is anything but."

"Stop mocking me!" Steven narrowed his eyes at Florence's impression of him.

"She may not be your girlfriend but you're in love with her." Florence stated. "I saw that smile you sent her as she walked away."

"I thought you were too oblivious to see those smiles, or is it only when Conrad is sending them to you?" Steven retorted, a sarcastic smile on his face.

"I hate you." Florence told him as they walked back towards his bedroom.

"No you don't—"

Florence closed the door in his face. "I'm getting dressed, go think about your actions somewhere else."