005. a shitty 24 hour diner

chapter five a shitty 24 hour diner

chapter five
a shitty 24 hour diner

THE NEXT MORNING, Florence woke up to the sun rising

THE NEXT MORNING, Florence woke up to the sun rising. She yawned, stretching her limbs out for a moment as she sat up. Her mum and siblings were still sleeping peacefully, Camden snoring as he slept. Florence smiled softly, looking out at the ocean.

She got up from her seat, making her way up the stairs and into her bedroom. Florence walked over to where her clothes were, rummaging through them to find a long sage green skirt with white flowers on them and a slit up the left leg. She paired it with a cropped cami top and her white converse. She grabbed her tote bag, filling it with necessary stuff before walking back down the stairs.

She scribbled a note before placing it on the fridge where at least someone in her family would see it. The girl spun around, walking out of the house and towards the beach. It didn't take her long for her to get there, taking a gently stroll down the beach to the sound of the waves.

Florence slowed down when she saw a person sat on the beach, staring at the ocean. She recognised the boy making her way over to him and sitting down in the sand next to him carefully.

"So..." She started. "Last night was—"

"A shit-show." Conrad interrupted her.

"I was gonna say interesting but shit-show would work for you." Florence comment with a small laugh. "Do you even remember last night, you were very hammered?"

"I remember everything when I drink." Conrad told her.

"Right." Florence nodded.

"Which reminds me..." Florence looked over at the boy who spoke up once more. "Were you wearing my jacket last night?"

"Uh— yes." Florence nodded. "But it's because my cardigan wasn't dry after you threw me in the pool so Susannah gave me your jacket and I just didn't think anything of it. You can have it back if you want, I just have to go get it—"

Conrad let out a laugh, placing a hand on the girl's arm to stop her from moving. "It's alright, you can keep it. It suited you."

"Thanks." Florence smiled.