Rule One

Rule One- Don't treat them special

Now you're just somebody that I used to know

The ringing of my alarm annoyed the hell out of me as I sat up groggily. "Fucking hell." I pulled back from the sheets pressing my feet on the cold marbled floor.

I debated whether looking hot was worth waking up this early before remembering I tweeted out that I would be cosplaying during this event. I quickly got up to start my makeup sending Minx a quick text to meet me in 30 for breakfast. My spotify playlist rung in the background running songs about heartbreak and loneliness. While I let my make up set I slipped on the maid dress. I pondered sending McNasty a pic like promised but I decided against it. I don't want to lead him on. With a sigh I pulled up my stockings connecting them to my garter belt.

A knock sounded at my door as i slipped on my heels. I did a once over before grabbing my bag and hotel card. I opened the door to see a purple haired goddess.

"You ready?" Minx hummed before getting a full look of my fit.  "Damn your so fucking sexy!" she exclaimed. I performed a full swirl showing off the whole outfit and Minx clapped her hand as I did so. Minx is so bad for my ego.

"I hope this was worth waking up so fucking early." I groaned out following Minx to the elevator. "Definitely was. 10 out of fucking 10." Minx hummed. As we stepped onto the elevator, I leaned against Minx looking into the elevator mirror.

"Photo?" I grinned.

"Fuck yeah" Minx said pulling out her phone.

She took photo after photo. We laughed until we heard a cough behind us

."You going to let me on or....?" A playful Australian accent trailed. I whipped my head around spotting an abnormally tall blonde. The guy held a cunning grin as I tilted my head uncomfortably to look at him.

"Fucking Hell Fitz" Minx gasped grasping her chest.

"You're a fucking cunt you know that Fitz!" I scolded.

Fitz climbed in the elevator pressing a button to the bottom floor.

"So, what are you ladies out to do today?" he asked as we descended.

"We're not doing much. Just going to grab breakfast and got to the convention" I shrugged.

"Any plans further?"

" Not really" I replied. Originally, I planned to chill with the goons but now that I'm attached to them, I need to pry us apart.

"Well then the boys and I were thinking of having a little party tonight and I'd be nice if a couple of pretty girls showed up." he grinned. "Sure" Minx nodded. I didn't really like parties, but I needed a distraction. "I'll think about it" I hummed. We exchanged contacts before we split ways as the elevator graced the bottom floor.

"You're going to that party right" Minx asked as Fitz was no longer in ear shot. The lobby was loud as YouTubers crowded the continental breakfast. "I'm not really feeling it today to be honest." I hummed in response. "You gotta go. The misfits party is the party and you got invited by the top dog." Minx quietly exclaimed.

"It depends how today goes" I shrugged before I felt my phone buzz in my purse. I pulled it out as Minx grabbed us plates.

McNasty
Saw your fit on Twitter though I was gonna get first look

I bit my lip fishing through my excuses

Princess
Just kinda slipped my mind
Hope you're not mad 👉👈

McNasty
At u never

I swooned a bit and if he was here I know that I might have jumped into his arms whispering naughty words.

Princess
Good

I shut off my phone before I could be tempted to say more.

"Who was that?" Minx asked holding out a full plate towards me. The plate seemed to almost overflow onto the floor. "Nobody important" my heart ached as it slipped my lips.

Minx lead me to the table and we had simple conversation. The food was good for a large hotel breakfast.

"So what's your schedule for today?" Minx asked taking another bite of her food. "I have a couple of meet and greets mostly. I do have a small panel q&a but I doubt it'll be much." I shrugged. "And the party. Don't forget the party" Minx reminded. I rolled my eyes slightly at that before seeing a hurt look flutter across her features. "And the party" I sighed. Her expression lighted up.

I held in my distaste for the situation I put myself in.