04

Chapter four Plans Into MotionEdward's POV:"No!" I said as I woke myself up

Chapter four
Plans Into Motion
Edward's POV:
"No!" I said as I woke myself up. I looked around the room and saw my apartment. No orphanage. No rats. I examined my fingers, making sure there wasn't indeed rats chewing on my fingers. Everything was fine. I reached for my glasses on the nightstand and put them on my face. I stood up and went to my desk, getting on the computer. I searched Jace Allen. He stood proudly with his wife and two daughters at his newest speech to fix Gotham.

I will help clean up this city. I will bring fresher air and if we all do our part, we can make this city clean. We can make it thrive again. In a great way.

I watched his speech, hearing the people cheer. And he had actually changed Gotham. In the prestigious areas, they already had fresher air. He should've started with the lower class areas but he's changing it. His next plan was to make the schools and orphanages have better air and a recycling system. He'd be giving that speech tomorrow. I looked at Robyn and her younger sister Briar. I didn't even know she had a sister. Briar was probably about fourteen to sixteen. She looked as if she didn't want to be on stage with her father but because of his career, she stood by him. Robyn looked so proud of her dad and was ultimately happy to stand next to him. Emilia Allen. My focus was on her. She always seemed to be a bit out of focus during her husbands speeches. I hacked into Emilia's laptop webcam. She was currently using at the moment. I was able to see everything she was doing. Emails. My eyes scanned over them as she did the same.

Make sure the money is transferred. Then you'll get what you want

Emilia then posted a bank screenshot of money being transferred. From her husband's account to a secret one. She was stealing his money. I immediately started taking screenshots and videos. I had to have all of this stuff as proof. Maybe she'd be my first victim. Then the mayor. And possibly Harry Bingham, if he keeps tormenting Juno. I watched her steal the money from Jace and put it into the account. I was currently getting live proof of her stealing. "You're done for." I whispered. Then she closed out the bank statements and emails. "What're you still doing up?" Jace's voice asked. "Oh, was just doing the bank stuff you asked me to. I was making sure it's all sorted." Emilia replied as she closed the laptop. I closed out her webcam and decided I needed to set up Emilia's demise. She'd be first. How should I kill her was the question. I wasn't ready to do something extravagant yet. And the bomb I was building for Gil Coulson was nowhere near ready yet. The rat cage for the commissioner was. Bludgeoning. I could bludgeon her. She didn't need a whole show like Coulson or the commissioner. I'd make sure to destroy her reputation after I kill her. I dressed up in my riddler costume, turning on the stream. I watched as comments came pouring in. "Hey guys." I greeted with a wave. I got tons of 'hellos' as I started talking. "I've chosen my first victim. I won't be telling you all who it is just yet. But, I've decided that they need to go first. This particular person is trying to stop someone who's actually started to change Gotham. I hate this city, you all know that. The corruption spreads like wildfire, everyone seems to be in on it; the big picture that I'm going to reveal. This person thinks that they can do what they're doing undetected, that nobody will find out. But, I did. I caught them in the act. I saw them committing a crime and they have absolutely no idea!" I giggled as I thought about all the proof. "Tomorrow night I will go to kill this person. I want you all to be waiting by your tv's for the breaking news. SHE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE TO HARM THIS CITY BECAUSE IT IS MY JOB TO GET RID OF THE CORRUPT. THE POLICE CAN'T SEEM TO DO SO! SO, I WILL! I WILL MAKE THIS CESSPOOL OF A CITY, BETTER THAN IT EVER WAS! IM GOING TO GIVE CHILDREN A CHANCE. NO ONE EVER GAVE ME A CHANCE! I WAS LEFT TO FEND FOR MYSELF AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT ME. NOWHERE!" I screamed, my breathing becoming uneven. My mask was currently suffocating me but I didn't care. I needed to get my message across. The comments were all agreeing and one stuck out to me.