019

Chapter nineteenI'll Never Smile AgainEdward's POV:A week

Chapter nineteen
I'll Never Smile Again
Edward's POV:
A week. God, has it really been a week? A week since Juno left? No, I scared her. No, I told her to go. It's all my fault. I didn't hate her. Why would I say that? Why? Her clothes and her belongings were haunting me. I wanted her back. I loved her. I loved Juno. She was scared. I didn't mean to scare her. Gus Gus meowed at me and I scratched his head. I sighed and looked out at the pouring rain. My phone then began to ring. It was an unknown number. I picked it up and said "hello?" "Is this Edward Nashton?" "Uhm, yes." "Hi, Edward this is Julie from the orphanage. We haven't heard from Juno in over a week. Do you know where she is? You're listed on her emergency card." My heart started to beat fast. They hadn't heard from her. I started to think the worst. "Yes. I'm so sorry. Juno's been sick. She's got a really really bad cold. I've been taking care of her. That's bad on my part. I apologize for not notifying you guys." I quickly lied. Julie chuckled and said "that's not a problem, Edward. Thank you for the information. I hope she feels better. Have a good day, Mr. Nashton." "Thank you. You too." I hung up my phone and shuddered. I needed to go and check on her. "Gus Gus, come on." I told the small kitten sitting next to me. I grabbed his cat food and put him in the cat backpack I had gotten so I could take him to Juno's if I was spending the night. I rushed out of my apartment, almost forgetting to lock it. I got into my car and sped over to Juno's apartment. I knocked rapidly on the door as I stood in front of it. "Juno! Juno, please tell me you're ok!" I shook my head and Gus Gus looked at me with curiosity. I looked to the window and said "I gotta go out there." Gus Gus made a face and I said "you wanna stay here? Can you stay here? And be a good boy?" I got a meow back in response and I said "I promise I won't leave you. J-Just stay here." I went to the window, climbing out onto the fire escape. I struggled to get to the window as the rain pounded on my body. I went to Juno's living room window and opened it, climbing inside. I fell onto the floor, groaning as I landed on my side. "Owww, fuck." I slowly stood up and went to her door, opening it. I grabbed the backpack and set it inside. Gus Gus sniffed my pant leg and I said "I have to find Juno. You can explore." I locked the door and looked around the apartment. Nothing was touched. My feet carried me into Juno's bedroom. She laid in her bed, completely lifeless. "Juno!" I rushed over and saw the melatonin and sleeping pills on the bedside table. I scooped Juno up into my arms. "Hey, Juno. I need you to wake up. Hey!" I shook her and her eyes opened slowly. "It's me, sunshine. Hey, you're ok." "Leave me alone." She started to push on me and I furrowed my eyebrows. I grabbed the sleeping pills on the table and saw that the correct amount was gone. She wasn't overdosing. She was just sleeping. "Juno, it's me." "Edward?" She asked groggily. "It's me, angel." "Why're you wet? Let go of me." She pushed on me again and I let her go. She slowly got out of my lap, laying down on her bed. I knew she was much too tired to even comprehend what was going on. A sigh of relief left my lips as she was ok. Her chest rose and fell as she slept. She looked broken. I noticed lots of cups of water on her bedside table and Gus Gus came into the room. He jumped on the bed and I got off of it. I quickly discarded my wet clothes and looked around to see if I had anything else. I had a pair of pajama pants and the old sweater I had given Juno. I put my wet clothes in the dryer and went to sit back down on her bed. I didn't lay down. I just leaned against the headboard. I didn't know how long Juno would sleep so I just waited, hoping she'd wake up soon.