024

Chapter twenty fourA Visit From The BatJuno's POV:I sipped on my coffee as I did some paperwork on some kids that were being transferred to the orphanage

Chapter twenty four
A Visit From The Bat
Juno's POV:
I sipped on my coffee as I did some paperwork on some kids that were being transferred to the orphanage. Today has been very overwhelming to say the least. Two kids lost their parents in a fire, one lost their parents in a car accident and another one lost his mother in a robbery. I looked at each of their files and sighed. I felt a headache coming on and wanted nothing more than to give these kids the life they deserved. I also had another matter to attend to; adopting Dawn and Theodore. The application form was currently sitting on my desk, staring me in the face. I started to fill the form out and my phone rang. I picked the phone up off the receiver and said "Juno Gordon's office, how may I help you?" "Juno." A gruff voice said. My eyes widened and I said "Mr. Vigilante. How can I help you today? You're not thinking of adopting are you?" "No. I need to talk to you." Batman's heavy breathing entered the phone and I said "what can I help you with?" "The Riddler." "How can I help you with The Riddler? I don't know anything about The Riddler." I was hoping Batman would drop the whole Riddler topic. "We should meet." I scoffed and said "I can't meet you. I'm working." "What about after work?" "I have to meet my boyfriend." I lied. "You have a boyfriend?" I cleared my throat and said "yes. I do. Do you have a girlfriend, Batman?" "No." He replied gruffly. I sighed and said "look. I'm working right now and we might be able to meet up tomorrow or another day. How did you get this number?" "I have my ways." He says in a smart ass tone. I rolled my eyes and said "ok. I guess I'll be seeing you?" "You will." Then the phone hung up. I huffed and put the phone back on the receiver. I went back to the adoption form, filling out the details. I started to think about Edward. What would he say? He was The Riddler. How would we keep this from the kids? What would they think of him if they accidentally found out? Would they judge him? Would they hate him? Theodore would be too young to understand. He wouldn't understand that Edward is a vigilante. But Dawn, she would understand completely. Would she hate me? Would she wish she was back at the orphanage instead of with me and Edward? A soft knock broke me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see my loving boyfriend. His cheeks were red from the cold and he held two coffees in his hand. I smiled and said "hi, Eddie." He walked into my office and said "hi, sunshine." He cupped my cheek and I jumped from how cold his hand was. He giggled and said "I'm sorry." I cupped his cheek and kissed his lips. Edward sat down in a chair and I said "what're you doing here?" "I decided to have lunch with you instead of at the office. Plus, I wanted to bring you a coffee. And I wanted to see you." He rambled. I smiled really big and said "awe thank you. How's work today?" "Dreadful. The only thing getting me through it is you. And the numbers. I love numbers." He looked up and sighed. "I know you do, Eddie." Edward looked at the papers scattered around my desk and said "stuck with paperwork?" I nodded and said "yeah. We had a bunch of new kids come in today." Edward frowned and said "I hate that. It's so awful. But, they have you. You make their lives so much easier." I nodded in agreement and the door opened. Timothy stood there. "Sorry. I didn't know you had a client." He said in a bored tone. I shook my head and said "Edward isn't a client. He's my boyfriend." Timothy grimaced and said "oh, uh, sorry." "It's not a big deal. Did you need something, Tim?" "Yeah, uh, I brought you some copies of that kid's form. He's not doing too well. And he just got here." "He's new?" I was appalled we had gotten another new child. "Yup." Timothy handed me the form and then leaned against the wall. "Miss Gordon?" "Juno." I corrected as I didn't look up at him, looking at the form. "Can I have one of those?" I quickly looked up and Timothy was pointing to the cookies on my desk. "You can have two." I said. Timothy smiled and said "seriously?" I nodded and he walked over, taking two chocolate chip cookies. "That's awesome, dude. Thanks, Miss Gordon. I mean, Juno." "Of course, Timothy." Timothy then looked at Edward and said "don't break her heart and be an asshole. I'll tell the riddler you're corrupt." "Timothy!" I said while laughing. He smirked and Edward said "is that so?" "Yeah. The Riddler is doing what the cops can't. Bringing justice." "You support The Riddler?" Edward asked. Timothy nodded and said "yeah. Why, do you?" Edward shrugged and said "maybe." "Timothy, come on!" Ruby said as she reached for his arm. I smiled at Ruby who said "hi, Juno!" I waved to her and she pulled the tall boy out of the room, going to close the door but stopped. Theodore pushed past her and Timothy. The office door closed and Theodore said "Juno!" An even bigger smile appeared on my face as the boy climbed into my lap. I kissed his head and squeezed him. Theodore giggled and then looked at Edward. "E-Edward." He said. Edward smiled and said "hi, Theodore." I hid the adoption form and Edward looked at his watch. "I gotta go." He mumbled. I frowned and Edward cupped my cheek as he stood up. "Hey, don't be sad. I'll see you after work. I might have to work late tonight." I nodded and looked down. Ever since Edward had killed the D.A the two of us hadn't spent much time with each other. He was working constantly. I rarely saw him and was missing him a lot lately. Edward made me look up at him and he kissed my lips before leaving. "Bye, Eddie." Edward looked over his shoulder and said "bye, sunshine." "Bye bye, Edward." Theodore waved. Edward smiled really big and said "bye, Theodore." Edward left my office and I sighed. "Want a cookie?" Theodore nodded and I handed him one as I went to start on my paperwork.