07

Chapter sevenA very rainy weekend Juno's POV:"I uh, have to go to work

Chapter seven
A very rainy weekend
Juno's POV:
"I uh, have to go to work." Edward said. I looked up at him and said "ok." "You can make yourself at home. I should be off a bit earlier today and I'm off tomorrow. I can bring some dinner home. Maybe some takeout or something?" Edward was pulling on his signature blue windbreaker and I said "do you know the Chinese place a block up from the diner?" Edward nodded and said "mmm-hmm." "Could you grab some food from there? Possibly? I can pay for mine. Here." I went to grab my wallet and pull out some money. "N-No! No!" I froze in place and Edward said "sorry, uhm, I can pay for your food. I-I don't mind. You deserve it. After last night." I half smiled and said "are you sure? It's just to cover my meal." Edward shook his head and said "you don't need to do that. I want to make sure you have everything you need. You've done so much for me by just being my friend. Please let me return the favor." He half smiled and I nodded at him. "I'm getting off at 5:00 today. I didn't want to work late and leave you here by yourself." "Ok, Edward. I can make some dessert for us. What do you have?" "Not much. I haven't been shopping in a while. Been kinda low on money." I furrowed my eyebrows and wondered what he'd been spending his money on but didn't ask him. "What if I go run out and grab some things?" I suggested. "No. Stay here. Please. I don't want you to go alone. It's not really safe." Edward pleaded. "It's safer during the day than at night. And I'll take the train." Edward shook his head again. "Juno, please stay here. It's safe here." "I know, Edward." He looked down at his feet and I said "I'll bake you a pumpkin pie." His face lit up and he said "you will?" I nodded and said "uh huh. I'll have the ingredients delivered here. That way I won't leave." "Ok. That's fine. Uhm, is there anything else you needed?" I shook my head and said "no." I stood up and approached Edward. His eyes went to my legs and then quickly went back up to my face. I gave Edward a hug and said "have a good day at work, Eddie." Edward hugged me and said "thank you." I pulled away and said "when you get home, there'll be a fresh pumpkin pie waiting for you." Edward blushed and said "I can't wait." He grabbed his keys and his phone. "Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything." "Will do." I rocked on my heels and waved to him as he left his apartment. I heard the door lock and I fell back onto the couch. I quickly realized I'd be alone for the majority of the day. I sighed and grabbed my phone, pulling it out to see texts from almost everyone I knew.

Mom: Dad told me what happened. Are you ok?? Please respond when you see this! And you stayed with Edward?! You should've came home with your dad

Robyn: OMG YOU'RE AT EDWARDS?! YOUR MOM SPILLED THE TEA

Lena: Juno what happened between you and Harry? Tell me everything!!

Dad: I'm glad you're safe, kiddo. Thank Edward again for me

I chuckled at all the texts, responding to everyone immediately and letting them all know I was ok. I went into Edward's bedroom and noticed some dirty laundry in the corner. I picked it up and decided to throw it into the washer. The majority of his apartment was clean but there was normal things like a few dirty dishes and his laundry. I noticed the numerous puzzle and riddle books on shelves in his apartment. I giggled softly, thinking it was unbelievably cute. I also saw his laptop on his desk. He also had other books. Mostly fictional stories and then I saw it. The other door. I turned the knob and realized it was locked. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned it again. "Huh." I said aloud. I figured it was possibly his office and wanted it locked since I was here. I ordered the groceries online and awaited for them to be delivered. The box of vinyls got my attention. I knelt down and saw lots of Beach Boys records. "Awe, Edward." I absolutely loved The Beach Boys. Pet Sounds and Smiley Smile were up at the front while All Summer Long, Shut Down Vol. 2, and Summer Days (And Summer Nights) were in the back. The vinyl player Edward owned looked to be a bit old and worn out. I decided on All Summer Long and set it on the vinyl player. I Get Around started playing and I smiled as Brian Wilson's harmonies filled Edward's apartment. I continued to go through his vinyl collection, finding The Beatles and even Lana Del Rey which I'd definitely tease him about later. I was currently trying to decide if I should change out of my pajamas or stay in them. I decided on the latter since I wouldn't be going anywhere. I wrapped the small blanket on the back of Edward's couch around my body. The rain poured and poured, making it extremely hard to see outside. I frowned as I thought about Edward being caught up in that. I knew he had his car but I still hated that he'd have to deal with Gotham wanting to cry all day. I swear Gotham is the rainiest city on earth. Metropolis was probably so much better. Or even Central City. I went to the kitchen, getting another cup of coffee. I sat by the window and watched the rain. I loved the rain but hated how much it rained in Gotham. And because the sun had decided to take a day off, it made Edward's apartment cold. We'd be entering September soon and the season would soon change. I sighed and heard a knock at the door, signaling that my groceries were here. I opened the door and grabbed them, pulling everything inside. I started on the pie early, wanting to get a head start and have it ready for when Edward got home. I swayed my hips to the beat of The Beach Boys and made the pie just as my mom had taught me.