025

Chapter twenty five You Are El (URL)Edward's POV:Juno woke up with a gasp

Chapter twenty five
You Are El (URL)
Edward's POV:
Juno woke up with a gasp. She gasped softly and looked to the window, the rain pouring down. She sat up, gasping for air as she couldn't catch her breath. "Honey, I'm here." I told her. Juno hyperventilated and shook her head. "Edward, they took you away." I put my head to her chest. She reached for my long sleeve shirt, gripping handfuls of my sleeves. Her heart beat rapidly and she could barely breathe. "You're having a panic attack, sunshine. Just breathe with me. It's a bad dream." I pulled away, hugging her. Juno squeezed me and said "oh god." I rubbed her back and said "you're ok. I'm here. You've been having these dreams. W-What can I do, sunshine? How do I fix this? I-I wanna help you." Juno shook her head against my chest and said "they're nightmares. I get them when I'm stressed. Edward, I don't want you to go." My heart dropped into my stomach. I gasped as the words left Juno's mouth. "I won't go, sunshine. Everything will be ok. I'm here. I'm here, Juno. I don't want you to worry. I don't want you to stress. They're just dreams. Don't ever forget that. Dreams can't hurt you, angel. They can't. And I'm here for you. I'm always here." She nodded and I rubbed her back and realized this was going to break her. When I get sent to Arkham, she'll be so broken. I don't want to endanger her. I cannot have her as an accomplice. I can already see the headlines

JUNO GORDON: RIDDLER'S ACCOMPLICE

RIDDLER'S GIRLFRIEND, JUNO GORDON: IN LOVE WITH A SERIAL KILLER

She's already lying to her father, her mother, her best friends. Juno's protecting my secret identity. She was the thing that kept be afloat, the light in the middle of the darkness. I hope she won't be mad at me. I don't know if I could handle her not speaking to me ever again. It's my job to protect her. I'll make sure she gets out of Gotham just before the dam blows. The bombs will go off and flood the city, I'll have to make sure she's safe. Gus Gus jumped up on the bed and pushed himself in between Juno and I. Juno scratched his head and petted him. I squeezed Juno, kissing the top of her head. I would do whatever it took to keep Juno safe from this city. "Angel?" I said after a few minutes of silence. Juno looked up at me and said "yeah?" "I don't want you to worry about me being arrested. The pigs won't catch me. I'm too smart. I'll always be here. I'll always be here with you." Juno's grip on my sleeves tightened and she said "promise me, Edward." My heart ached as I looked her in the lie, preparing the lie that was going to leave my lips. "I promise I'll never leave you." I cupped her cheek, bringing her face closer to mine. "I'll never leave you." Juno's hand reached up to cup my cheek. I stroked her cheek with my thumb and Juno said "I love you, Edward. I love you so much." I smiled and kissed her forehead. Juno's hand slipped from my cheek as her arms went around my neck. She climbed into my lap, her legs wrapping around my waist. I hummed, relishing in the warmth from her touch. Gus Gus meowed in an annoyed tone and went to lay at the edge of the bed. "What were you doing up?" Juno asked. I rubbed her back and said "nothing. I couldn't sleep. I was thinking of going to do a stream. Possibly." "Stay here." Juno tightened her arms and legs around me. "Ok. I'll stay here." I scooted to the back of my bed, leaning against the headboard. "Do you mind if I turn on the light? I was going to do a couple of crossword puzzles." Juno nodded and said "mmm-hmm. You won't leave, right?" A thunderclap entered the air, making Juno curl into me. I kissed her forehead and said "of course not." I removed her from my lap, as much as I didn't want to. I turned on the lamp and grabbed my crossword book. Juno went to lay her head on my chest but I stopped her, putting my head to her chest. Juno's heart had slowed down a bit. "Do you feel better? You seemed to have calmed down." I said. "I'm feeling a lot better. I'm always ok with you. The dream just scared me. I didn't mean to scare you, Eddie." I half smiled and held her tighter. I kissed her chest and said "it's ok, angel. I'm here for you. Now, come on. I'll hold you till you fall asleep." I propped the pillows up on my bed and sat back against them. Juno laid on my chest and I started on my crossword puzzle. She seemed to fall asleep instantly. My eyes flickered around the room as I realized that the city would be flooded in a matter of days. This would also be the one of the last times I'd have Juno in my apartment. I didn't want her to be here when the police came and raided the apartment. It'd be safer for her to be at hers. And I can just visit hers and stay with her. I slowly went to stroke her head, my fingers running through her curls. Juno sighed and I frowned, wishing moments like this could last forever. "I love you, Juno." I whispered.