021

Chapter twenty one"I love you

Chapter twenty one
"I love you. Always and forever."
Juno's POV:
I stood in the bathroom, smoothing out my skirt. "Are you sure you want to go back to work today?" Edward asked me. I nodded while looking at him in the mirror. "Yes. I have to go check in on my kids." Edward chuckled softly and said "your kids?" I shook my head and said "you know what I mean." "It's cute. And it's good that you care about them so much." I shook out my curly hair and turned to face him with a sigh. "How do I look?" Edward looked me up and down and said "stunning as always." I blushed and said "really?" "Juno, I don't think you've looked bad a day in your life." I rolled my eyes playfully at him and went into the living room to grab my jacket. "It's snowing so be careful." Edward said. I nodded at him and said "I will. And make sure you dress warm. For work." I put some gloves on and Edward kissed my forehead. "Are you doing any riddler stuff today?" Edward froze in place and his lips went into a tight line. He shook his head and said "uhm, I don't think so." "It's fine if you are. I was just curious." I told him, not wanting him to be upset with me for asking. Edward shrugged and said "I think I'm just going to work today. I do have to prepare for the mayor's funeral but I'll do that stuff tomorrow." "So, that means you're not going to the funeral." I said. Edward shook his head and said "no. I'd never go even if I wasn't doing any of this." I nodded and grabbed my keys. Edward grabbed my hands and said "stay warm, ok?" I nodded again. I stood on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "You too." I went to unlock the door when Edward pushed me up against it. He gently cupped my cheek, pressing his lips to mine. I held handfuls of his shirt as he slowly pulled away. "W-What time will you be home?" He said. "7:00. I think. Possibly later if I have a lot of work." Edward nodded and said "uhm, I can get some food from the diner. For dinner." "Ok, Eddie." Edward kissed me feverishly and I said "I have to go." "Be careful, sunshine." "I will."

-

"Juno!" Dawn's voice said. The young girl rushed over to me and hugged me, almost knocking me down. I hugged her tightly and soft cries left her lips. "Juno, I thought you were gone!" "No, I'd never leave you. I just had some personal issues going on." I told her. "Juno." Theodore's sad voice said. Dawn pulled away from me and I knelt down to pick up Theodore. "I'm here." Theodore whimpered and I walked into my office with the two children. I went to set Theodore down and he let out a noise of protest. I then sat at my desk while he sat in my lap. I looked over the paperwork that seemed to accumulate on my desk. "Where were you?" Dawn asked. My eyes flickered up to look at her. "Edward and I had a fight. We were broken up. I was sick." I said. Dawn furrowed her eyebrows and said "you and Edward broke up?" "We were. But we're back together now. I think." Dawn chuckled and said "you think?" "We're back on speaking terms and stuff. But, it's still a bit odd." "What did you guys argue about?" Dawn was currently eating from a bag of chips. Edward's screaming voice entered my head.

"You're a liar!"
"You won't accept that I am the riddler!"
"Get out!"
"Get out, Juno!"
"I never want to see you again!"