023

Chapter twenty three "Let's do it together, ok?" Juno's POV:"Stay here

"Let's do it together, ok?"
Juno's POV:
"Stay here." Edward's gruff voice said. I looked up at him and said "I can help you. Please let me help you." Edward shook his head and said "no. I'm going to get him. He's at the Iceberg Lounge. I'm going to abduct him. You're safer here." Edward's gloved hand cupped my cheek and I said "I want to help you." "It's too dangerous, angel. I want you to go home. Take Gus Gus and go back to your apartment. Go to the funeral with Robyn tomorrow. I'll see you in a day or so." His thumb stroked my cheek and I held his hand to my cheek. "Be careful. Promise me you'll be careful. Please, Edward." I said desperately. Edward half smiled and said "I will, angel. Everything will be fine. I promise." I let go of his hand and went to cup his cheek. He hasn't put his mask on yet. The cling wrap was on his head, making his hair start to wet from sweat. I stood on my tip toes and gave him a kiss. Edward's hand left my cheek and went to my hip, his other hand doing the same. He backed me to the wall, a thump entering the air. I moaned softly at the slight pain from my back colliding with the wall. Edward kissed me hungrily, his lips moving sloppily. His teeth gnashed against mine as he was so desperate to kiss me. Being The Riddler definitely gave him confidence and dominance. I pulled away for air and he attacked my neck with kisses, his grip on my hips getting tighter. My hands went to his jacket, holding handfuls. "Eddie, ow." I pushed on him as he bit down on my neck harshly. Edward continued to suck and bite on my neck. I pushed on his shoulders and said "ow. Edward, that hurts." Edward pulled away and looked at me. His eyes went to my neck and I shuddered. "I didn't mean to..." Edward's green eyes were filled with panic and I said "it's ok. I'm not used to hickeys like that. That's all. It hurt a little bit." "I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to hurt you. I got caught up...in the moment." Edward grabbed me by my chin and chuckled. "God, how did I get so lucky? Any other man wouldn't be able to keep you safe like I can. They wouldn't treat you like I do. I'm perfect for you, angel." I watched his eyes turn a darker shade of green. Edward was leaving him. It was The Riddler standing in front of me. Not Edward. "I feel so safe with you, Riddler. I never have to be scared when I'm with you. You're exactly what this city needs. Men like Coulson deserve to go. Riddler, you're cleansing this city. Better than anyone could." I said to him, my eyes never leaving his. The Riddler was doing right by the city but the wrong way. But, Gotham's justice system is crooked and people get off all the time. And I knew Edward needed to hear this. He needed to hear that I supported him, which I did. The Riddler needed this. He needed those words to fuel him. Edward inhaled deeply and then exhaled. A prolonged hum of approval left his lips. "I can't wait for you to see it tomorrow. I can't wait for you to see what I have planned. It's going to be amazing, angel." I nodded up at him. "I know it will, Riddler." He kissed my lips and then pulled away. "I have to go. Do what I told you. I'll be over to see you tomorrow. Once they clear the city hall, leave. Stay in your apartment." Edward spoke in a firm but menacing tone. "I will. I'll be waiting for you." He groaned and said "god, I hope you will." I kissed his lips sweetly. Edward finally let me move from my pinned spot. I grabbed Gus Gus and put him in his backpack carrier. Edward was putting his mask on. I went to the front door, looking over my shoulder at Edward. "Be careful, Eddie." Even though Edward was across the room, I could see his eyes soften. I opened his apartment door and then headed to mine, Gus Gus in tow.