016

Chapter sixteen The Riddler's Grand PlanEdward's POV:I sighed as I sat in front of the camera

Chapter sixteen
The Riddler's Grand Plan
Edward's POV:
I sighed as I sat in front of the camera. "Hey guys." I said with a wave. The comments started flooding in, asking where I'd been, why I hadn't killed anyone else. "Believe it or not, I've been preparing my plans for Gotham. I've also been taking care of my girlfriend. She was mugged. Well, we were. I found the guy who did it. I have all his information right here. If any of you really want to please me, you'll find this man and beat him to a pulp. And if you do find him, leave him in a place where I can find him. I'll take care of the rest. Now, detonators. I've gotten a few. Are these ok?" The comments went crazy I held up the detonators in my hand. I chuckled and said "good. I'm glad you all approve. I just wanted to check in with you all for a bit. If you find that mugger, let me know. Goodbye..." I put the muggers information on the screen so everyone could take a gander at it. After about a minute I ended the stream. I took off my glasses and then my mask, rubbing at my eyes. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. Since the mugging Juno has been extra careful. I warned her that the freaks come out during October. She carried pepper spray with her and a knife that was gifted to her by her friend Selina, who I'd never met. Juno and I had been working a lot. I hadn't seen her for about a week and a half. That's partially my fault. I've been so busy with planning out my meticulous plan for Gotham. I looked at the rat cage I had built. I couldn't wait to place the device around the commissioner's head. And the bomb I made for the D.A. God, I couldn't wait to watch his head explode. I was quite proud of my handiwork. I took a step out of the spare room which held all my things inside. I grabbed my things and headed out of the apartment. I was going to pick up one of the vans that I was going to park along the sea wall. This was the first van. I didn't have the bombs and detonators ready yet. But they would be soon. All I'd have to do was drive back and place the bombs and the detonators. I switched to the van, driving along the dark streets of Gotham. As I reached the sea wall, I stared up at it in awe. I'd never been so close to it before. To think this brick wall was keeping all this water from spilling into the city, protecting all the scum. I could smell the salt water crashing against the wall. Even though the Gotham Harbor was most likely disgusting, it still had a very salty sea smell to it. My mind then went to Juno's parents house. Their house was close to the sea wall. But, their house would be ok. Wouldn't it? I could leave that area untouched and just let the flooding from the other areas happen. I then started to walk away from the sea wall. I held my mask in my hand, not caring if anyone saw my face. It's not like they'd remember me. I was practically invisible. I took the train until I got back to the parking lot where I'd parked my car. I sighed deeply as I sat down inside. I had planned on killing the Mayor on Halloween. I'd have to make sure Juno wouldn't suspect anything. Or maybe I could tell her? I shook my head as if to shake the thought away. I drove to get the next van. I wanted to place them all tonight and then come back with the bombs and detonators. It started to pour. It was like a monsoon. I took off my Riddler jacket, going for a windbreaker. I set my mask down and stepped out of the second van. I then went to get the third and the fourth. I was now on the fifth van. I rubbed at my eyes under my glasses, fatigue starting to take over my body. "One more. You can do one more." I told myself. Six. Six vans parked along the sea wall, blowing it up, flooding the city. I smiled as I thought about people scrambling for their lives. They won't know what hit them. They won't know what to do. Once I got back to my apartment, I stepped in and practically dropped all my belongings in the living room. I closed the door and locked it. I was grateful I was off work tomorrow since it was so late. I took off my jacket and set my mask on the coffee table. Relief washed over my body as I sat down on the couch. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket. Juno's name flashed across the screen. It was a text.