Norwegian cold

(( Apologize for the long wait, comrades. My life has been busy lately and when I had time to write, I found myself lacking motivation and ideas. But I try to get back to my stories and write more. Thank you for your comments and patience ))

After setting up our equipment in the safe house in Bergen, I secured a line to the Kremlin to receive their new orders. But my mind was halfway back on our flight to Norway where we had received their first information. And these alone were though stuff.

"Ever heard of the Isdal Woman?" the KGB officer asked us as he handed out the dossiers with all information about the missing agent.

„Should we?" Beck asked.

„Norwegian police found the burned body of a woman up in the Isdal mountains back in 1970. She had several fake passports in her hotel room and the labels on her clothes had been removed."

„She as a spy?" Vargas asked.

The officer nodded „Yes and the police suggested as much but we made sure they found no trace back to us."

„She was KGB?" I asked.

„Indeed. A double agent whom we sent to Norway to observe the newest NATO rocket tests. We always thought the CIA killed her but it seems someone got to her first."

„Wraith." I hiss. Just mentioning her name sends a shiver down my spine. „I remember her."

„Who is she, anyway?" Park asked, looking at me

„She is a rather new member of Perseus but easily one of the toughest. Former Norwegian Intelligence." He had gotten to know Wraith personally and she was even colder then her home country. She did not believe in communism in the slightest but she was well aware that a war between the superpowers would mean the destruction of her home. And if she had the chance to destroy one of them... so be it.

"Anybody speaking Norwegian?" I ask the assembled team.

To my relief, and shock, Park raises a hand. "I can speak swedish very well. We can pretend to be Swedes." The plan was for me and a partner to inspect the agents apartment while the others tried to track down Wraith. We had contacts in the Norwegian Secret service and police that would help out.

At least that was BEFORE I knew Park would work with me. ALONE.

The time spent in my apartment was weird enough but now we had to work together once more. Just like in Colorado.... "I really did like you, you know?" Those words still haunted him and few things ever did. "Then its settled." I say and put on a straight face.

But as usual, Portnova saw right through me and had a word with me before we leave. "Keep an eye on Park, will you?" she asks.

I raised an eyebrow. "You think she will betray us? After all she has been through?"