Warehouse

„What do you got for us?" Leon asked the chief analyst down in the KGB Headquarters. The man wore a white coat and the worst 70s mustache he had ever seen. It was difficult not to laugh.

„See for yourself, agent. You are the experts." he said. The man seemed competent, and very much so. But also equally aloof.

The photos showed what appeared to be a warehouse in a city, which the analyst confirmed was the port of Oslo. Some heavy crates and a lot of people could be seen in the distance. Armed people to be precise. "Seems risky by Perseus to trade so out on the open." Park suggested.

"But not uncommon for the organization either." Leon stated. "We would utilize everything,  every advantage we had. That means using both legal and illegal means. Kinda like the Mafia."

"You think they abandoned the site already?" Portnova asked.

"They don't know what was on these photos so lets hope not. Even so, they might still do it just to be safe. We need to get there fast." It did not take long for the team to meet with Secretary Andropov. As soon as he was informed about their progress, he gave the green light to go and told them hr would also inform all spies in Oslo so that they would both assist us and gather some information on their own. When they left, he called out for Park to stay. Leon looked at her in shock and so did she but after a second or two she gave him a confident nod.

"I've read the mission report. You saved Agent Ivanovs life, I am very grateful for that." Andropov said and nodded.

Park nodded back. "Thank you Sir... Comrade Andropov. But I know that it is not enough to convince you about my loyalties. Perhaps nothing will. But I will continue to do what I can do best, if you let me."

„You may be willing to fight against the enemy... but can you LIVE with your new allies?"

She knew what he was referring to. Park has grown up on a capitalist society and now she was expected to live in a communist one, in a country that until now she had never set foot on. „To be honest... Comrade Secretary... I do not know."

Andropov smiled and leaned back. "I see you understand and I appreciate your honesty. But there is one thing I wanna ask, although I have a feeling you don't even know the answer yourself: What do you intend to do after we manage to kill Perseus and destroy the organization?"

And indeed, Park did not know. She wasn't even thinking so far ahead and so she just shrugged. „I do not think of the future. I like to keep my head in the present."

Andropov scoffed at that. But it wasn't an annoyed or frustrated scoff. This one seemed more... amused? "Oh poor you. Still thinking like a capitalist: No hope for the future. Just sighing and believing  'That's just how things are' and 'No time for dreams, time is money.' Not even thinking about it, just believing."

Park cracked a smile at the last part. "I remember my teacher saying something similar: If you are a visionary, go see a doctor."

The Soviet leader shook his head. "So sad. Even as children they do not want you to think or to dream." He stood up and extended his hand to her. "I will not keep you here any longer. Good luck on your mission. And... just think about what I said, alright?"

As Park shook his surprisingly strong hand, he leaned in. "Once again, thank you for saving my agents life. And I trust you continue to keep it professional."

Park nodded, saluted and walked out. She felt a bit mortified speaking to the leader of the Soviet Union all alone but she also decided to

Leon Ivanov, KGB

Oslo, Norway

[REDACTED], 1983