Chapter 6: The Book and The Blade (pt. 2)

"Hey, Eis?" She questioned, "is this really Shiverthorn's Smite?"

He gazed at her, then back at the sword, she saw him shrug, "my father used to say that this was a replica of Shiverthorn's sword, not the true thing. He said that the real blade was... a lot more extravagant than this, but I don't believe that."

"So, there's the chance that this blade was, indeed, Shiverthorn's?"

Eis nodded, "yep, you can touch the blade if you want, I don't really care. I always thought that keeping such a beautiful weapon on display was wasting it."

She slowly got closer, her right talon gently grasping the blade's grayish-blue hilt, the cold sapphires brushing her palm had an odd, pulsing blue glow in their azure depths, fairly similar to the sapphire statue that her mother had created.

CryoFangs picked up the silver sword from the pedestal, watching the light dance across it and giving the silver blade a lustrous white shimmer across its cold surface as she held it up.

She took a few steps away from her friend and slashed the weapon through the air, every move seemed fluid and confident, as if she knew what she was doing despite never truly knowing how to wield such a weapon.

This sword is perfectly balanced in my talon, it's oddly perfect, like it was meant for me, she thought, doing a few more slashes through the air before she spun around, the blade twirling with her as she arced it through the air above her head, coming to a stop as she lowered the sword, pointing it's wicked tip towards the floor.

CryoFangs saw Eis staring at her, his eyes slightly widened at her display, "that was beautiful!" He breathed, she scratched behind her head nervously, "thank you, I honestly don't know how I did it."

He raised a brow at her confusion, then shrugged as he grabbed the scabbard from off the pedestal, the sword belt was connected to it as well. "Here, if you wish to carry it with you, you'll need this."

She took it and examined it, the belt itself was a dyed blue leather, the buckle was simply made from iron. The scabbard was made from a lovely dark blue, polished cobalt, intricate gold bands adorned the scabbard, Runes were engraved into them, perhaps telling of who it belonged to or something else currently unknown to her.

Cryo then gazed at her waist, finding that fraying string that held her coin pouch (which she'd honestly forgotten about,) she hastily untied it and set it down, securing the sword belt around her waist and making sure it was positioned correctly. The coin pouch she tied around her neck.

It feels odd, but I'll get used to it, she thought, sliding her new weapon into its sheath, hearing the quiet shink! that sounded as it slid into the scabbard.

 "Well, this is something," she said with a shrug, "I have a weapon that isn't my teeth, talons, breath, and spikes now."

"Aye, and if you want to get some true use out of it, then you'll need training from yours truly." He grinned, she chuckled.

"You know how to wield a sword?"

"Yes, as the Prince of the HallowFrosts, I'm expected to know how to wield a bunch of weapons in the case that we ever went off to war with another tribe, if I needed to lead my people, I needed to be brave and know how to slice a dragon's head off in under two seconds."

"I don't really have much of a purpose anymore, now do I?" He questioned with a sad smile, she frowned at his words.

"That's not true, Eis. You've always had a purpose, you just have to find it."