Chapter 10: Ich bin der Pfeil

She immediately drew her weapon, realizing that the blade was glowing with golden cracks in the metal, as if some sort of otherworldly energy had flooded the shining sword. It's gorgeous, she found herself thinking for a moment, then snapping back when a horrible, masculine voice dripped into her ears.

"CryoFangs... how lovely it is to see you..." he rumbled with a hideous smile, she inwardly cringed at him as his elongated snout curled up in a snarl. The SchattenSeele was pitch black, with huge wings, a long, bladed tail, and pillar-like legs, its forearms were long with its hands having warped into crude, sharp scythe blades. Its horns were straight yet short, its elongated snout had a cruel beak at the end, and those dead white eyes bore holes into her soul.

Like something straight out of a nightmare... she shuddered, and the scream she had wished to forget suddenly came rushing back to haunt her, as did another voice...

"I'll see you when the time is right, little CryoFangs..."

"It's you," she whispered, her voice wavering, "you killed them!"

"You remember me... good..." he laughed, causing her blood to run cold. "I had figured as such-"

"I do not wish to hear you speak to me, beast... now leave me before me and Eis behead and gut your sadistic self!" CryoFangs hissed with a ferocity that made Eis flinch, "we'll tear you asunder and cast you far away from here..."

"The only one who will be tearing anyone asunder is me, CryoFangs. I'll tear your throat out and watch you bleed, the prince's wings I'll rrrrrip from his body... the rest is too gruesome for your ears..." the SchattenSeele hissed in a dangerously quiet tone, Eis put his arm around CryoFangs protectively, he wasn't about to let this psychopath hurt her.

"Now then, CryoFangs... I suggest you surrender now, or my two friends behind you will gut you both like the weak little fish you are!" He demanded, and Cryo felt as cold, heavy talons settled around her sides, their claws gently caressing her underbelly, she shuddered.

Eis hadn't moved an inch, she saw sweat dripping down his face as he kept his eyes glued to CryoFangs, his gaze telling her simply: "use that power of yours!"

I don't know how, she thought, knowing he couldn't hear her. But then, it hit her, an imaginary icicle dropped upon her head, she remembered the words she spoke back in the library.

"Ich bin das Licht!" She whispered, feeling as a burst of heat erupted inside of her, her vision tunneled and she watched as the SchattenSeele in front of her hissed something...

It's time for me to save us. She thought quietly, glancing at Eis.

"ICH BIN DAS LICHT!" She yelled, and a flash of light exploded forth from her body, that unreal iridescent sheen rippled across her scales, the alien shrieks of their enemies dying away was, surprisingly, a sound she had wanted to hear.

"How come I didn't sense it earlier? DAMN IT SHIVERTHORN!?" The SchattenSeele roared, "CRYOFANGS, I SHOULD'VE KILLED YOU WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!"

"Nope, sorry- gotta fly!" She exclaimed, sheathing her sword and taking Eis's talon in hers before rocketing into the sky, flapping her wings furiously as she got as far from the SchattenSeele as possible. Eis fired a few of his deathly-accurate tail spikes at the monster, she knew that due to the quiet thwip! she had heard behind her.

A shriek sounded as one of the spikes impaled the SchattenSeele, giving the dragons a much-needed head start as CryoFangs streaked ahead, Eis was catching up as he flapped beside her.