Chapter 16: Retrieving the Eingeheiligt

"Eis..." she whispered, "you came!"

"Of course I did, Snowflake," he whispered back, she could see the shimmer of what almost appeared to be tears in his eyes, but it could've been her imagination. "Me and Nimbus are getting you out of here, do you hear me?"

She nodded and smiled despite the pain in her face, "don't linger too long, he'll be back," she said, "so we'd better think quick!"

Nimbus was then looking down into her cell, "don't worry, Mistress- we'll keep him away from you." He said with a smile, "besides, what-"

"WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?!" Bellowed Vilethorn, his heavy footsteps storming closer to her cell, she gasped and gave the two a look of fear, her gaze telling them to scram, they left her line of sight and she heard them scatter.

The thick iron door swung open and she was abruptly grabbed by the snout, "you will cease to speak to anyone but me..." Vilethorn roughly threw her head back against the stone wall, and as her skull hit the stone, everything flashed white before her eyes and something horribly warm ran down her neck. She screamed as the pain shot down her body, he punched her right under her ribcage, the breath in her lungs abruptly gone as she wheezed and gasped. "Do I make myself clear?"

CryoFangs fought to stay conscious as she mentally whispered: yes, Vilethorn-

"Good... now tell me: where's that blasted Book of Bloodlines?"

She gasped as her muscles spasmed and the back of her head shot cold spears of pain through her, to avoid possibly having her head caved in by Vilethorn and the wall, she breathed forth: "I-I told you: I w-won't say-"

"Well now I'm suddenly tired of hearing the same answer. Either I get what I'm asking for, or you're dead. NOW, HALLOWFROST, TELL ME NOW!!" He bellowed, Cryo whimpered at the volume of his voice as she took a shaky breath, I've got two choices: keep its location secret...

Or I die, right here and now...

. . .

"You will cease to speak to anyone but me..." Eis had heard the horrible smack of something against the wall, but Cryo's scream of pain and her wheezy gasps tore his heart to pieces, 'that monster... he will NEVER be forgiven...' he thought with burning fury, 'once we figure out a way down there, he's dead.'

"...now tell me: where's that blasted Book of Bloodlines?"

CryoFangs weakly spoke: "I-I told you: I w-won't say-"

"Well now I'm suddenly tired of hearing the same answer. Either I get what I'm asking for, or you're dead. NOW, HALLOWFROST, TELL ME NOW!!" Vilethorn bellowed, setting off Eis as he hissed quietly, that demon had another thing coming!

He slowly, silently crept back up to the grate, something told him to keep his thoughts silent as he drew in a deep breath through his nose, the frost swirling within him crawled up his throat and grew into a deadly frozen blast that had only a set of razor-sharp teeth holding it back. Eis drew his head back and, upon settling himself in just the right position over Vilethorn's head, he let his mouthful of frozen death fly into the cell.

FWWAAAAA!

Vilethorn lurched as the paralyzing cold seeped into his half-healed head injury, causing him to scream and throw his head back, the rest of Eis' frost spreading to Vile's bloodshot eyes, the cold ice crystals allowing for a ferocious frostbite to afflict his scales. Vilethorn stumbled back as his agonizing screams intensified, his tears bloody and beginning to freeze to his scales as he roared and hissed. "DAMN IT, THE PAIN!? WHOEVER'S RESPONSIBLE IS DEAD-- AAAAAAARRRRGH!!"