Chapter 14: Darkness Takes Control (pt. 2)

...Or maybe I'm overreacting, she thought, her talons shaking. But what else could've done that? Maybe I'm right? If so: what do I do? What can I do? How do you get rid of something like that inside a mortal body?

She couldn't slow her thoughts down fast enough as question after question bombarded her, she rested a talon on her temple as she sighed lightly, just quietly hoping she could pull herself together after that baffling- and terrifying- experience. The hallway echoed with her panting breaths, her body still continued to shiver with the residual aura of fear encompassing her, whatever the heck just happened, it wasn't good at all.

CryoFangs let a moment go by before she sighed again, easing her nerves the slightest bit as she took in a few breaths, her heart slowed down after a minute or two, a passing by Wyrmwood gave her a slightly concerned look before heading on her way, her talonsteps faded away.

"Alright-" Cryo whispered to herself, "I think I'm good now..."

"CryoFangs? Are you ok?" Asked Thorne in a gentle tone from behind her, making her jump as she whipped her head around to face him, those soft brown eyes catching hers and seeming to draw her in. She sighed and shrugged, "you went pale when you touched him, Cryo. What happened?"

She didn't feel much like explaining the incident, but to avoid possibly being badgered about it, she shrugged. "Something crazy happened when that occurred... it's like he's possessed by something." Just what we need, a possessed dragon, she thought. "I'm not sure how we're going to deal with it, though. Any ideas?"

Thorne gave her a slightly incredulous look, but it quickly faded, "I may have to run this by Her Majesty and Weeper, but..."

Oh, for the love of Novembus PLEASE don't do that... she thought with an internal sigh, the thought of the Queen hearing about this made her growl softly. "Could we maybe just handle this ourselves, Thorne? And leave her out of this?"

He frowned, giving an exasperated sigh as if to say: "you're serious?" But he refused to speak in anger as he spoke quietly, "look, maybe if Eis convinces Sselvu--"

"We are not convincing your precious Queen to do a damn thing, ok?" She hissed lowly, "I am going to get my friends to help me get rid of whatever's inside your father's body. Sselvu will not be involved in my plans, SHE isn't my ruler, and I only answer to ME!"

Cryo was strongly confident in her words, and it seemed that Thorne noticed that as he backed up a step, nodding as he gave a defeated look. "As you wish, CryoFangs, I will not tell her a thing." He said, and upon sensing no sarcasm in his voice, she nodded in thanks. "Good, now then, shall I--"

"...Ahem?"

She felt her anger flare up at that voice, oh by the moons... she fumed mentally, slowly turning to face Queen Sselvu herself, her golden eyes twinkling as she gazed down at the dragons

"What is going on here? One of my subjects explained you were... startled by something? Did something occur in the Infirmary that... needs my direct attention?" She asked in a haughty tone, CryoFangs just about spat a slew of socially inappropriate words at her when she noticed that Prince Eis was standing right next to Sselvu, he hurriedly motioned his talon over his throat, "don't talk!" He signaled, she bit her bottom lip and gave him the tiniest nod she could muster.

"No, Your Majesty," Thorne stepped in, "one of the patients threw up blood all over the floor, she couldn't handle the sight and had to dash out of the room."

"Oh my, that is pretty atrocious... I assume the mess is cleaned up now, yes? We don't need any more sickly dragons, now do we?"

"Of course it's cleaned up, Sselvu." Said Thorne, giving a momentary glance at Eis, "may we speak to the prince for a moment? Privately?"