Chapter 8: Tears and Thunder

Prince Eis

He had no words for what they'd just heard, and it would seem none of the others did either.

'Why do I feel like the ice under my feet is beginning to shatter?' He thought with confusion, perhaps he felt that way because of the destiny unfolding before him?

'I guess we're about to figure out what to do now...'

CryoFangs was quiet, he had a guess as to why as she put the parchment back into the Book of Bloodlines, her expression was one of deep thought and preoccupation; he gazed at the others, EmberWrath and Slipstream were dead silent, they too were thinking about Shiverthorn's long message.

Eis sighed, breaking the awkward silence, "so... what now?" He wondered, the three dragons gazed at him.

"I was thinking that we immediately head for Wyrmwood Territory, but that doesn't sound like a great idea now that I think about it..." CryoFangs explained, "we don't know much at all about the SchattenSeele, we have no idea if these dragons are really there, and we have yet to unlock the true potential of our powers. So..."

Eis nodded in agreement, "you have a point about that, but who knows how to control our powers besides Shiverthorn? I don't think any other dragon can possess our abilities."

She shrugged, then a look dawned on her face, "what about the library in the Palace? Surely there's something there that can explain how to control them, right?"

He gave a thoughtful nod of his head, but felt like he should disagree, "I don't know if what is in there is, well, still there. That and we can't exactly fly to the Palace and back if we do find something, it's time-consuming."

"True... maybe perhaps we should head for Wyrmwood Territory after all." CryoFangs sighed, "those in favor of heading for Wyrmwood Territory say "I!"

"I!" Went everyone, though EmberWrath said it with less enthusiasm, 'is he just asking to be punched in the snout? ' Eis wondered with an inward look of flabbergast.

Eis watched as Cryo hoisted Nimbus onto her back, and though she tried to hide it, he could see that she was struggling to hold his weight as she positioned the dragon on her back.

As she opened her wings to take to the air, Slipstream stopped her, "wait Cryo... I smell rain."

"You're delusional!" EmberWrath sneered, "I don't smell anything!"

"That's because you've never smelt rain before, you oaf! And look- the clouds have darkened in the distance."

As Slipstream pointed a jade claw to the northeast, they all saw that, just beyond the Vile Mountain Range, the sky had darkened to a nasty grey color, Eis thought he saw the flash of lightning in the towering clouds.

"So, here's what I'm thinking," Cryo began as she picked up the Book of Bloodlines, brushing the sand off of it as the others turned to her.

"We can get a good head start on our way towards Wyrmwood Territory if we fly, but once we find ourselves in that area between the Mountain Range and the Sleet Sea, we'll have to seek shelter from the storm. Flying in a storm like that means a high chance of getting zapped." She explained, Slipstream and Eis nodded thoughtfully, EmberWrath looked indifferent, his orange eyes blank.

"That's a pretty good idea. Good job, CryoFangs." Slipstream smiled approvingly, and the HallowFrost's eyes sparkled.

As they all opened their wings, Cryo simply wondered: "is everyone ready to welcome their destinies?"