Chapter 14: Darkness Takes Control (pt. 3)

The hallway which led towards the library was slowly growing darker, and it wasn't really the dark that made her uneasy.

It was the sheer lack of noise that put her on-edge, almost dead silence whirled around her, every breath she took and every light footstep seemingly amplified beyond normal volume. CryoFangs realized that, the further the she traversed down the hall, bioluminescent mushrooms were making their way out of the walls, lighting the way with a gentle green glow. She nervously glanced over her shoulder every so often, thinking that she would hear the rustle of wings behind her, or another pair of footsteps. I'm paranoid, she laughed nervously in her head, ...right?

Surely her mind was just trying to scare her into going back to Eis, right? Cryo didn't mind that, but she had her mind set on studying on how to rid Vilethorn of his little demon, once I'm done with that, I'm heading straight back, she thought, nodding to herself as she quietly took a deep breath.

As of now, it was almost pitch-black in the hallway, but the glowing mushrooms kept a little light to see, but darkness had conquered most of her vision; "raylios," she whispered forth, the ball of shimmering light appearing and sending the darkness fleeing.

Now a slight bit more comfortable within the Palace halls, she flicked her eyes about, finding a large set of doors off to her right, the hall ended here. "This must be it," she said quietly, jumping at how loud her voice seemed to sound, "hopefully, I don't experience a... repeat of last time."

CryoFangs was almost anxious about opening the doors, the vague, phantom feeling of talons closing around her neck made her shiver, but she shook herself and instead focused on now. She was capable of defending herself now, her powers she could control to an extent that proved useful, and she wouldn't be but only an hour or two.

Pushing the thick wooden doors open, she was greeted with a semi-dark, open room with towering bookshelves; a massive, majestic tree had grown up through the center of the library, beautiful golden shroomlights had sprouted from the girthy branches, giving the room a rich golden glow. CryoFangs even saw a small group of Wyrmwoods lingering in the library, the librarian quietly conversing with a larger dragon who had a small stack of books sitting on the desk.

The atmosphere wasn't at all what she was expecting, the on-edge HallowFrost let out a small sigh as she strode into the library, extinguishing her light and finding herself locking eyes with a Wyrmwood from across the room.

"Oh, greetings, outsider. Are you looking for something?" Asked the librarian gently, his golden glasses shimmering as his friendly sandy-yellow eyes looked at her, he looked intelligent, she noticed. CryoFangs approached him and was able to better see his face, his jawline was sharp and his hornless head was smooth, his verdigris-green scales almost the color of copper in the gold light.

"Do you have any books on... exorcism? Or demons?" She asked tenaciously, he blinked slowly, as if confused, but then he nodded. "I'm unsure why a lovely dragon such as yourself is in need of those books, but I won't judge. Come with me," he said, and as he walked out from behind his desk, she felt another pair of eyes upon her.

To make it worse, that dragon the librarian had been speaking with was the one staring, his jade eyes piercing hers with a cold glare.

And that black ring was around his neck, Vilethorn... she thought with a twist of her guts, why is HE here? She didn't dare engage in conversation with him as she followed the librarian behind one of the huge bookshelves, he was quietly humming to himself as he skimmed his talons over the books.

"Hmm... ah, here we are!" He smiled, pulling forth a leather-bound book with silver writing on the cover, "I suggest starting with this one, titled: "A Beginner's Guide to The Demons of Elementia." It'll at least explain whatever you may be dealing with, and, as for exorcism, you'll find those in this section as well. Whenever you're ready, I can help you check out."