Chapter 12~

(Still Devin's P.O.V.~)

The ride home was a little awkward...at least he wasn't mad or anything...That really does mean he cares. I saw the house ahead and when he pulled into the driveway, he killed the engine. We sat there for a minute, when he turned to me.

"Devin, don't you ever do that again." He said, his voice turning serious. Uh oh...Here comes the yelling. Not like I haven't gone through that, before.

"I'm sorry.." I didn't know what else to say, and he made me look at him.

"You scared the shit out of me and Ricky. If you had gotten hurt....I don't know what I would've done. But if I let that motherfucker take you, I'd track him down, and make him wish he was never born...You may think that you don't belong here, and I know I haven't known you long, but I will never let anyone hurt you. Ever."

I didn't know what to do or say, other than just smile. This guy may look scary and evil on the outside, but he's one of the kindest people I've ever met..All my life, I've been surrounded by shitty people, and the only person that ever truly cared about me, was the boy who walked out of my life forever. And after that, I was just surrounded by the worst kind of people.

No one who really cared about me, junkies, prostitutes, and creepy disgusting guys, who just wanted a cheap thrill. Everyone I hung around with, never cared if I lived or died. I've never had it this good in a long time, and now I really don't wanna screw this up. I could become something...I could actually mean something.

Chris reached his hand over the console, and gently took mine in his. He kissed the back of my hand, and smiled. "Come on, let's get inside."

I nodded, and we got out of the car. I followed him inside and he said "We'll get you some new clothes soon...I think Ricky has some old clothes that doesn't fit him anymore, we could try those...He's so tiny." I giggled at how true that was, and next thing I know, I'm pulled into a tight hug.

"Devin! I'm so happy you're back, I was so worried!" Ricky said, clinging to me. It reminded me of being hugged by a small child, cause he was hugging my waist...He's so short.

"Glad to see you too, Rick. And I'm not going anywhere." They smiled and Chris said "Good...Cause this will be your permanent home."

I smiled and said "And I'm happy it is."