5.

"Where were you, I called Amira and she said you wasn't at hers? Don't even try lying to me Alani!" He said.

"Kairo it's none of your business, i'm grown stop treating me like a fucking baby all the time!" I screamed at him.

Jordan, Zion and Kairo were all looking at us as if they were watching a movie.

"Grown? You're 17 Alani, you're far away from being grown, now tell me where were you!" He yelled back at me.

I just know he won't let me go if I don't tell him where I was. I don't want to tell him about me and Amare but I also don't want to lie to him.

Whatever.

"I was at Amare's" I said.

"Now why the fuck were you at my bredrins house?" he asked in confusion.

"He asked me if I could do his hair and I agreed, it was late so I stayed at his. That was literally it." I said.

"Now was it that hard to tell me?" He said.

"Wait a minute, why did you tell me you were going to Amira's if you were going to Amare's" he said. Oh fuck me, I thought he forgot about that part.

Um what do I say?

"Yous two aren't fucking right?" he asked. Which made everyone laugh except me. I don't know why he's embarrassing me in front of everyone.

"I didn't want you to worry about me being alone with a boy, remember your reaction with my ex?" I reminded him.

"Nah it's calm if you're alone with Amare that's my bro and your ex was a prick everyone would react the same way." He said.

Josiah or J1 was my ex. I was with him for nearly 2 years but I ended things a couple months ago. At the beginning everything seemed great, we really loved each other but then he started cheating on me but I didn't have the balls to leave him.

How dumb was I?

Anyways he then became abusive and punched me up if I said one thing he didn't want to hear. I had bruises all over my body and he forced me to cover them up. I literally had to use bottles and bottles of concealer and foundation. That I had to pay for!

One time I didn't cover them up and Kairo saw, and I explained him everything. I was crying my eyes out to him. Kairo fucked him up good, like i'm talking two big bruised eyes I don't think he could even open them and obviously that was the end of our relationship.

Ever since Kairo has been very controlling on who I talk to. He needs to know the guy properly before he can talk to me. I don't think that's a bad thing, he's just looking out for me but sometimes it can be a little too much.

A COUPLE HOURS LATER

Amare

7:00PM
Yo, are you down to get some food?
                                                 7:01PM
                                                   Sure
7:02PM
Safe I'm going to pick u up rn
                                                 7:02PM
                                                alright xx

Did he just ask me out on a date? No that can't be, i'm definitely overreacting.

Shit I have to get ready. Um he didn't tell me where we were going so I don't know what to wear.

I have two options.