Chapter 6: Fate is Decided

Maybelle layed in bed wondering why her friends would do that to her sister. If Maybelle could have anything in the world, she would just want her sister back. Maybelle remembered what her mother had told her.

"We cannot change the past, but we can only hope for a better future. "

So the only thing Maybelle was going to do was make sure there was the better future she hoped for. So what should she do? All she knew is her friends wouldn't get of the hook easy.

Today was Layla's funeral. Maybelle was wearing a black dress that was the exact same color as her hair. She wore a black headband and black dress shoes as well. It was a typical funeral outfit. She knew for sure she was going to cry at her sister's funeral, and she wished she didn't have to go. Though if she hadn't, it would be disrespectful. She ate her breakfast in silence, and so did her parents. Once they were finished, Maybelle's father directed everyone to the car.

At the funeral, Maybelle wept the whole time. They went through a normal funeral procedure. Maybelle thought about her sister's pain. How terrible it must have been to walk into a school with everyone hating you. How painful it must have been to be beaten everyday. How depressing it must have been to hide all your sad thoughts in. And how scary it must have been tying a rope around your own neck. Then Maybelle burst out with tears.

That is when Maybelle decided that what goes around comes around. Her sister had died, didn't the people who she thought were her friends deserve the same thing? Maybelle knew how she was going to change the future for her sister now.