Chapter 8: First Blood

Maybelle suddenly thought deeper about what she was about to do. She was about to actually murder someone. She removed the knife away from Dean's neck calmly. She wasn't going to slit someone's neck. That was absolutely crazy.

All of a sudden the knife came down hard chopping off her sister's bully's head, rather than slitting their neck. Blood splattered all over and some trickled down the side of the victim's neck. Maybelle smiled, for her sister would be happy now. Then the knife slid out of her hand, dropping to the ground, waking Dean's mother.

The smile was wiped off her face as she heard the footsteps. She scrambled out of the room looking for any weapon available. She then spotted an axe lying next to the garage door. Maybelle picked it up and confirmed her new plan. She would have to kill Dean's mother, then kill his father. That way she wouldn't have to worry about anyone spotting the dead bodies while she was disposing of them. She stepped forward with her axe raised, ready to strike at the victim's mother.

Dean's mother turned the hallway corner, holding a flashlight. She saw a glimpse of a child-like figure holding a weapon, then suddenly all was dark after a sudden stinging pain in her spine. That pain was the axe slashing her back and spreading blood. Now to kill the father.

Maybelle crept through the house as silent as a mouse. She entered the parent's bedroom, where Dean's father was heavily snoring. She looked over the bed, and noticed he was laying flat on his back. "Might as well go for the heart, then" she said slyly. Once again she swung the axe, this time striking Dean's father in the middle of his chest. The red liquid dripped down his oversized belly, and off the bed. Maybelle now had to dispose the freshly nurdered bodies.

She began with Dean's body, since it was the least heaviest. She slipped the garbage bag over his body, and tied it in a knot. She did the same with the other two bodies, then dragged them each into the backyard of the house.

She needed to burn the bodies, but she couldn't carry a lighter out of her house. Knowing Dean's father was a smoker, she planned to steal the lighter from the victim's house. Maybelle went into the kitchen and grabbed the lighter sitting by the stove. She went outside toward the tree and grabbed three sticks. She opened one of the bags, lit the stick, and tossed it inside. She repeated the process, until flames surrounded each of the bodies.

She was done here, but she had another person to kill. Maybelle wasn't exactly sure how she was going to kill Delia, but she knew it would be revenge for Layla. Delia wasn't going to die quickly, however. Maybelle was going to make sure she suffered.