𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐆𝐔𝐍: 𝐌𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊

✈️

"We recruited the best 12 pilots from their battalions. We want you to get your numbers down to 7 In the mission they will fly." Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell sighs as he observes the board. "Is there a problem, Captain?" Beau 'Cyclone' Simpson asks.

"Two problems actually. I suppose you already know that." Pete's jaw tightens.

Cyclone nods bringing a picture onto the screen."Bradley Bradshaw. Nicknamed "Rooster". You've flown with his father before. What was his nickname?"

"Goose." Pete reminisces. The memories of his best friend still haunt him to this day.

"Onto the next problem." Solomon "Warlock" Bates brings up another picture. "Becca Benjamin. Call sign "Cherry Bomb." What's the deal here, Captain?"

"That's my daughter." He scoffs.

Warlock nods. "We understand your concerns-"

"Oh really? Because I don't think you do." Maverick spits.

"You can hash out your family drama later. Now what do you say, Captain?" Cyclone gives him a challenging look. "Will you take Goose's son and your daughter?"

"With all due respect , I'm not a teacher, sir."

"You were a Top Gun instructor before."

"That was 30 years ago and I lasted two months. That's not my place."

"Let me be as clear as possible." Cyclone folds his hands. "You were not my first choice. You're not the only one on the list. You are here at the request of Admiral Kazansky. Iceman is someone I respect a lot. He seems to think you have something left to offer the Navy . But I can't imagine what that would be. You don't have to accept this job. But let me be clear. This will be your last mission, Captain. You either fly for Top Gun, or you never fly again for the Navy." Pete squeezes the bridge of his nose. "Now, what do you say, Captain?"

**
Please vote on every chapter!!