𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐖✈︎

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎, I married my best friend. My life has been forever changed since then. Bradley and I had a fantastic honeymoon. We visited the Grand Canyon. Somewhere we have flown over many times but just never took the time to visit it. We hiked some of it but our lungs couldn't take the rest of it.

We bought our first home. It's a nice little 3 bedroom, two bath, in a decent neighborhood. We live in Cali so we are limited. And now here we are, decorating our Christmas tree together in our home.

"Okay on the count of 3, best Christmas song?" Bradley calls as he carries in our 7 foot Christmas tree.

"It's between Little Saint Nick and Mary Did You Know." I shrug as I carry in the tiniest bag from the car. We just got back from decoration shopping. Am I too lazy to do the heavy lifting? Maybe.

"Okay first of all, Little Saint Nick is a little too beachy for me." Bradley huffs dropping the box on the ground. "Second, Mary obviously knew."

"Well yeah she knew some stuff. But did she know everything?" I inquire.

"I am not arguing with you about this." He shakes his head.

Once Bradley got the tree together and had all the branches spread out. I pulled out the delicate ornament and we unraveled strings of twinkling lights, the room began to sparkle in hues of white and gold. Bradley handed me a fragile glass ornament, and I'd place it in its own special spot. Our tree was slowly transforming into a kaleidoscope of shared moments and laughter.

Bradley and I shared a look, one that said, "It's too quiet in here." He pushes some buttons on our jukebox and plays our Christmas playlist.

I hum along to the end of "Like It's Christmas" by the Jonas Brothers as I climb down from the step ladder and grab the bag of silly ornaments we bought to mix in with my aesthetically pleasing ones. My agreement with Bradley was one per person. I pull out Bradley's ornament which is chestnuts that look like— well you know. "Bradley. You get to explain this one to my mother," I scold.

He snickers. "I am sure she won't notice. You're dad on the other hand..."

"A Christmas to Remember" starts playing in the background. I try to show Bradley my ornament but with a playful smile, he grabs my hands and starts dancing with me to the music.

"You've made this a Christmas to remember."He practically squeals as he tries to sound like Dolly Parton.

"Babe." I whine. "You are butchering th-"

"Springtime feeling's in the middle of December!" He sings louder.

"Bradley stop!" I laugh. "I'm trying to show you my ornament."

"Strangers meet and willingly surrender." He finally grabs my ornament and looks at it.

"Oh!" Dolly and Kenny sing. "What a Christmas to remember."

"What even is this?" He laughs as he looks through the clear ornament with my sonogram in it. I watched as his expression shifted from curiosity to astonishment when he saw the tiny little fetus. I met his gaze, a mix of surprise and realization reflected in his eyes.