𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

My tires squeal as I come to a halt. I don't know what happened. I don't know if I didn't hear my alarm go off or if I even set one for that matter. What I do know is that I am late. Seven minutes late to be exact. To most people that isn't that bad, but for me, it feels like the end of the world. As if I didn't have enough on my plate.

I practically bolt inside the building. Maybe they started late today. But then again this is Top Gun so that's very unlikely. I swing the door open making the room go silent. Everyone's sat in their seats, Cyclone is up at the front.

Definitely didn't start late.

"Cherry Bomb. Nice of you to finally join us." I almost roll my eyes before I realize who I'm up against.

"Won't happen again, Sir." I plop into the vacant seat on the front beside Hangman.

Cyclone kisses his teeth, gazing at the rest of the class. "Seems like Miss Benjamin has forgotten how serious we take things here."

On second thought. Screw being respectful. This guy is a... well I'm not gonna say what he is. "No. Miss Benjamin's alarm clock is busted and there was a bad wreck on Cochran Street. But hey if your gonna bust me for some slow moving traffic then go right ahead." I smile sweetly before replacing it with a scowl.

He points a finger at me. "Watch it!"

"Don't start a fire if you can't take the smoke." I lazily lean back in my seat.

"It's not often that we do a call sign change. But I'm starting to think Jaws would suit you better." He smirks. Oh he thinks he's clever.

"Why cause my mouth runs more than you do?" I quirk a brow at him. A few gasps escape the other Pilot's mouths.

He's about to blow a fuse now. "This is your last warning. Shut it or you're out." I cross my arms and decide to keep my mouth shut this time. He shakes his head and looks to Warlock. "She's just like him it isn't even funny." He looks back to us "Captain Mitchell is no longer your instructor."

"Daddy finally get what was coming to him?" Hangman whispers in my ear. I take a deep breath and try to remain unfazed.

"Your new mission parameters as of today. Destination time is now 4 minutes." The screen changes.

"You've gotta be kidding me." I hiss under my breath.

"You will enter the valley level by reducing your speed. You shall not exceed 420 nautical miles."

"Sir, wouldn't that give their planes time to spot us?" Phoenix asks.

"You have a chance to get off the plane, Lieutenant. What are your chances of surviving hitting the mountain vertically? You will be attacking the target from higher altitude. It's on the north wall. Keeping your laser on target will be more difficult but you will avoid the steep climb." This is an awful plan. Not that I'm surprised.

"Then what? We let the missiles turn us to dust?" I inquire.

The radio starts making a bunch of noice. A plane icon appears on the screen making Cyclone furrow his brows. "Who is this?"

"Maverick to Field Control." That's my Dad. "I'm entering the Alpha Point. I want green zone approval."

Warlock gives Cyclone a hesitant look. "Maverick, this is Field Control. Green zone confirmed but... I don't see your name on the program, sir."