𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋

━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎━︎𝑹𝑬𝑩𝑬𝑪𝑪𝑨 𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑳𝑳✈︎

After our wipeout at the beach, Bradley took me home so I could get cleaned up. When I was done showering I walk out to the front porch where he was sitting. He turns to face me. "You finally going to invite me in?"

I adjust the towel on my head. "You know how I am about boys in the house. I've gotta set a good example."

"Yeah I know. You're old school." He teases. I playfully roll my eyes and throw some clothes at him. He catches them and unfolds the shirt. "Is this my pineapple shirt?"

"Yeah, I stole it from your house." I shrug as I lead him inside.

"I've been looking for this for ages." He exclaims.

"Well it's been cuddling with your Star Wars shirt in the bottom of my closet for the last two years." I grab a towel from the hall closet and launch it at him.

He drops his jaw. "You're a thief."

"I was your girlfriend. I had rights." I push him in the bathroom and shut the door. "Stick your dirty clothes in a trash bag. I don't like having sand everywhere."

I go to the fridge and grab the strawberry daiquiri mix. I grab a blender and throw everything in. By the time I'm finished and have the drinks in a cup, Bradley comes out of the bathroom. I wish I could shower that fast.  He left his shirt unbuttoned, little brat. "Is that necessary?" I ask poking at his chest.

"Well I figured after today you'd prefer me this way." He motions to his chest.

"It's a sin to lie so I'll just keep my mouth shut." I run a hand over his stomach. I slide a glass over to him with my other hand.

"I thought you said you didn't drink!" He exclaims looking into the glass.

"They're virgin." I lead him up to the roof. We sit there for what felt like hours just cutting up and talking about old times.

"Do you remember our last week at the naval academy when you almost got kicked out for setting off that stink bomb in the break room?" Rooster asks, taking a sip of his drink.

"Yes. How could I forget! Admiral Parker was about ready to kill me." I laugh.

"How did you get away with that?"

"I told them that it was Hangman." I shrug.

He starts laughing. "Genius."

"Gosh I miss those times, when we were all still young and beautiful." I raise my glass to my mouth and sniffle.

"You're still beautiful." Rooster lifts his brows at me.

"You're one to talk. You don't look a day over 20." I smirk.

"What can I say? I know how to take care of myself." He shrugs, a cocky smirk dances on his lips.

"Yes you do." I run a hand over his bicep. "Okay, my turn to ask questions." I sit up, wrapping my arms around my knees. "How many chicks did you get with after we split up?"

His eyes widen. "Becca!"

"Oh come on, surely you've been with another chick." I take the last sip of my drink.

"Why would you even assume that?" He asks.

"Because you're Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw! You've been breaking hearts since '82. And with those abs, why wouldn't you?"

He licks his bottom lip. "I didn't talk to anyone after you, Bec."

I quirk a brow at him. "Bull!"

"I didn't! I can't move on that fast." He holds his hands up in defense.

I scoff. "Please Rooster. It's been what like three years now?"

"Two years, six months, and twenty eight days." He interjects. My eyes widen. "But who's counting?" He shrugs.

"I'm sorry. I just assumed that since you broke things off you would be the first to move on."I bite my lip, regretting changing the subject to this.

"And that was the worst mistake I've ever made." He grabs my chin making me face him."I can't seem to get you out of my head." His dark eyes somehow manage to outshine the stars in the sky. I can't lie to him anymore.

"Bradley, there's something you should know-" I pause when I hear a motorcycle. I shuffle down to get a better look. Shoot. It's Mom and Dad. I look back to Bradley. "You have to go!" I whisper.

He furrows his brows. "Okay. Can I ask why?"

"My mom is home." I retort.

He slowly stands. "Your mom loves me. Where is the problem?"

"Right here!" I point to the both of us. "I'm not supposed to have boys here when no one else is home. Remember!?"

"That's your rule that you made up!" He whispers.

"Not the point! I'm supposed to be setting a good example for Amelia." I usher him down the ladder, we drop onto my balcony. I shush him as I listen for my parents. "You're gonna have to jump." I whisper.

"What?!" He exclaims. I slap a hand over his mouth.

"They- Mom doesn't know I'm here! And it looks like she brought a special friend. So I need you to jump off." I look over the balcony. It's only a few feet. Nothing too bad could happen. "Please." I plead.

"Fine! You're the boss!" He whispers before swinging his body over the railing, hitting the grass with a thud. He stands dusting off his pants. He looks back to me, giving a thumbs up. I wave goodbye to him. He winks before running down the street to his vehicle. He blows me a kiss before getting in and driving off.