Chapter 1.1 - New Beginnings

30th August 23:59

Bang!

A bullet shot from a pistol was headed towards the head of an albino teen boy around 16 with crimson red eyes and wore a black shirt with white stripes and grey jeans with ankle straps, this was none other than Accelerator but despite being the first-ranked esper in Academy City with the ever so powerful ability of Vector Manipulation.

However, he could not do anything to defend himself from a mere bullet as he was using all of his calculations to delete a virus from the brain of Last Order - a chestnut-haired girl around 10, who had her eyes closed and was wrapped in a blanket of sorts.

Accelerator was using bio-electricity to delete a virus from her brain, implanted by a scientist called Amai Ao, who was an ex-researcher of the Level 6 shift project, designed to make Accelerator a level-6 esper by killing 20,000 clones of the 3rd ranked esper, Railgun. The clones were known as the SISTERS and Last Order was one of them. In the end Accelerator felt guilty of killing them after he was defeated by a spiky-haired level-0, ending the project.

When using bio-electricity to delete the virus it used up all his calculations so he could not defend himself and all he could do was stare at the bullet approaching him ,waiting for his fate to come.

Accelerator: I was too naive. I thought I could save someone and start all over again.

He thought to himself in a disappointed tone. He stared at the incoming bullet accepting what is about to come. He accepted that this is where he ends and that it was the end of a villainous monster like him until...

1st September 00:00

Thump!

He fell forwards to the ground hard. When Accelerator looks at the ground he didn't see a single drop of blood anywhere to his surprise. He stood up to see that the car, Ao and Last Order had completely disappeared, it was as if nothing ever happened. To add on to the strange occurrence he heard the sound of a medium amount of traffic in the distance when there was nothing before in terms of background noise. He raised an eyebrow to these strange happenings.

Accelerator: Hah? Was I hallucinating and when was it this noisy? I never heard this before. 

As he looked around the empty street with his hands in his pockets until he hears the sound of his reflection barrier. He turns around to see that it was a newspaper with the headlines of 'New Level 5 Esper has been publicly announced!'. This of course intrigued the number #1 esper so he picks it up out of curiosity and starts reading the article relating to it and it said. 'As we all know Academy city with the population of 14.3 million people of which roughly 60% are espers  and out of them only 41 until now are level 5.'

Accelerator: what? Either this is nothing but total bullshit or I was sent to an alternate Academy city that is completely different to his one. That would explain the missing car and noise.

So far everything was strange and it left him staring at the newspaper lost in thought but he quickly as to not waste time snapped out of it and continued reading as if his theory was correct he would need to get some information about this Academy city as it is safe to assume the knowledge of the other Academy city is irrelevant despite the similarities. So he continued and it said 'As of now the newly announced level 5 esper has taken the second ranked title with the nickname 'Creator' with the ability of 'Matter Manipulation'.

Accelerator: huh Matter Manipulation what an interesting ability.

he continued reading, ',this makes the current top five level 5 rankings being from first to fifth rank Dark Matter, Creator, Triple, Waver, Railgun' . After seeing that he wasn't on there he first was taken back a bit then came came to a conclusion.