Chapter 1.19 - Aftermath

4th September 17:10

"Tch, second rate," Accelerator, the skinny albino teen with piercing crimson-red eyes, bickered, his tongue clicking in annoyance as he and Hakajime exited the expansive Test Chamber. Each step resounded with their exchanged words, while the defeated bodies of their enemies lay unconscious behind them. Accelerator held the peacefully unconscious golden-blonde teenage girl with closed eyes, Seki, securely in his right arm.

"Ugh, can't be bothered. I just need some sleep," Hakajime grumbled half-heartedly, his lazy exhaustion seeping through his lackluster voice as he walked beside his fighting partner with hands in pockets.

Unbeknownst to the two teens, as they walked away, a small, inconspicuous camera perched high in the chamber remained active, its off-white casing blending seamlessly with the surroundings. Its unassuming red light silently broadcasted everything it captured, from the duo's entrance to the short yet intense battle for Seki—every detail meticulously recorded.

Through the live broadcast it was the other side onto a small, thin display. Placed angled on the right side of a large and vast, black-painted and polished wooden desk. It sat in a rather large well-lit quiet office with cream-coloured walls on all sides but the left side to the desk where a large window letting in the light of a soon setting sun. A thick wooden door stood opposite to the desk and another to the right of the desk.

Behind the desk, on a black and marroon office chair sat a reasonably tall with dark gleaming eyes blonde man in his mid twenties, Kakine Teitoku, or more famously known as, Dark Matter the official first-ranked esper. He was wearing his usual unbuttoned maroon suit with a unbuttoned white collared shirt, revealing a red shirt as the lowest layer.

Beside him, stood up by the desk was his personal, loyal, well-mannered assistant, a black-haired man with pale-blue eyes and wearing a black suit. His brown shoes sat on top of the desk as his gleaming dark eyes were fixed onto everything the small monitor had displayed and his assistant had also watched the broadcast.

A smile popped on Kakine's face, he was rather satified on all the new information, "Well our Icarus has shown some very promising results."

"Boss, what should we do about the abduction?" The assitant asked seriously.

"Leave it for now."

"Pardon?"

"We should let them have it for now, it will grow thier ego and they will start to underestimate SCHOOL." Kakine calmly responded, "But what's more interesting is the second-ranked has broken his own non-alignment policy."

"Isn't that a serious issue?"

"Tch. It is. Afterall that damned second-ranked is an odd one," Kakine explained, "But even more interesting, is the power of 'X' here. That's clearly a level-5 but one that has no prior information or sighting before the 1st of September." Kakine continued, refering to the albino, Accelerator. His face was clearly evident with curiosity and the two left in a brief moment of silent thought.

"Suzuki, learn everything you can about 'X' here and keep a close watch on the second-ranked's movements and report only to me... and go get Umazi."

"Yes, sir." Suzuki exclaimed with discipline as he walked out of the door opposite to the desk, leaving Kakine alone. Kakine put his feet down and rolled his chair closer to the desk. Before using a remote, that he grabbed in a cuboard below the desk, and closed the live broadcast revealing a desktop of Academy City with younger teenage Kakine in the corner, holding hands with a young short girl with dark shoulder-length hair and eyes of the same colour.

He put his hands together and murmered with interest to himself, "Looks like that this L5 Conference will be interesting," He then turned to the desktop displayed on the screen with a warming reminiscent smile, "It won't be too long until we've succeeded, Ringo. Just a few obstacles and we'll have a city you would of loved to live in."