Chapter 6

Karen walked into Maya's room and found her asleep. She looked so at peace that she didn't want to disturb her. She asked the nurse in the room to help her prep for her discharge. The doctor gave her an ok to Karen and she decided to pack her belongings. All she really has were the clothes she came with. When everything was ready, the nurse gently woke up to Maya to take out her IV. Maya fluttered her lashes in confused and tried to rub the sleep out from her eyes.

Maya looked at Karen and smiles. Karen could feel her heart get heavy. She's been wanting to adopt for so many years. It's been a dream of her's. If she could she would adopt every child in need on earth. She couldn't believe this precious little girl was all her's. She couldn't wait to introduce her to Karen's family.

"Hey there sleepyhead" Karen joked. "Are you ready to meet your new family?"

"Wait.... it worked?" Maya questioned with big eyes. " I'm really your daughter now?" She asked with a grin.

Karen couldn't help but giggle at her excitement. "Yes babygirl, you're all mineand I'm all yours. Now lets get out of here and meet your siblings. They're very excited to meet you Maya" Karen had called her children Kierra and J Drew once everything was finalized. They were shocked initially but they know their mother. Everything she does is from purity of her heart. If she was willing to raise and love Maya like her own flesh and blood, they were willing to do the same.

Maya changed out of the hospital gown and into her own clothes then they made their way to the car.

Karen

Once we made to my house. I go to my room and see that Kierra is putting on her shoes about to leave. J Drew doing what he does best, playing video games.

Both of my babies ran up to me for a hug as I entered the room. Kierra just turned 21 and J Drew is about to be 18; yet they are still attached to me like they're little toddlers. And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't have it any other way. Even with all the goals I've accomplished and all the records I broke, my biggest accomplishment to date is being their mother.

Maya was standing beside me. I could tell Maya was already attached to me. I was the only familiar face she had going forward now.

"Maya, this is Kierra and J Drew" I said pointing out each sibling to her.

"And this is Maya" both of them said hello to her. Kierra went and gave her a hug.

"How old are you Maya?" Kierra asked

"I'm 15 going to be 16" she whispered

Kierra was always good with breaking the ice. She was warm and affectionate, and might I say she gets that from her mommy. J Drew on the other hand, has always been a complete Mama's boy. He was my only boy. I was always more lenient with him when my kids were younger. He would stare at me with those big brown eyes, and all my disciplinarian methods would go out the window.

J Drew has been a little more possessive of me. Now there's another little girl in our dynamic family. I'm hoping he takes this transition as smoothly as possible. J Drew is almost a grown up so I know he'll take it pretty well.

Kierra is my little twin. Literally from the way she looks to the way she acts, she's just like me. She probably gonna have a harder time bonding with Maya because she so shy. I'm excited to have all 3 of my babies with me. This is a dream come true.

Kierra grabs her head and kisses me on the cheek. "Don't be late mommy!" Kierra warned. I laughed because my kids knew I take forever to get ready.

"Are you crazy? I'm not missing this for the world. My babygirl's first fashion show!" I said excitedly. " We're all gonna be there don't worry sweetheart" I watched as kierra headed out the door. All our outfits for the show were preplanned and ready for us. Now I needed to get Maya an outfit