Chapter 8

• Maya •

It was time to finally leave the hotel. I was wearing a black dress with silver heels and a small black clutch. My hair was pulled into a bun. I asked Grace if I could apply some makeup but she said Mrs. Karen wouldn't be too happy about that. I let it go since we were all in a rush.

I went out to the living room area and found J Drew in his black suit, looking bored out of his mind. He noticed me standing in the doorway and motioned me over to sit with him.

"Mama is never ready on time" he pointed out.

"We could give her the whole day to get ready and she'll still manage to be late" I laughed at how impatient J drew was getting. I guess it's because he's been waiting on Mrs. Karen longer than I have.

The lady of the hour finally blessed us with her presence.

Hallelujah! We should've been on our way by now

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Hallelujah! We should've been on our way by now.

"Are y'all ready to go?" Mrs. Karen said with a smirk.

"MAMA?!?!" j drew said very annoyed. We all laughed at his outburst.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. Let's head out" Mrs. Karen said.

We quickly dashed from the doorway to our hotel to Mrs. Karen's car. We all sat down and Mrs. Karen reminded us to buckle our seatbelts. She couldn't stop talking about how excited she is for the show. You could just tell she was beaming with pride. This was Kierra's first fashion show to my understanding. She's done magazine shoots and brand deals, but this was her very first ramp walk.

I was excited to go too. I've never been to a fashion show before. I've only seen snippets on tv. Everyone always looked super boujee. I never thought I would enter that world and witness it for myself.

As we came to a halt, we rushed out of the car into the building. "Karen, who is this child?" That seemed to be a very frequent question. "She's my daughter" As soon as she said that flashes came toward us. It was quite blinding.

As the flashes went down, we made our way to our seats. When we did sit down there were ladies who looked similar to Ms Karen, then I realized those are her sisters when I saw Ms Karen greet them with a hug.

"Maya sweetie, these are my sisters Jacky, Twinkie, and lastly Dorinda" I noticed how she rolled her eyes when she introduced her sister Dorinda. She must be the crazy sister.

"You must be Maya, I'm your auntie Twinkie" I gave her a hug."I'm your auntie Jacky and your favorite cook" I hugged her as well. "The name's Dorinda or doe your favorite auntie" I laughed then gave her a hug.

We conversed a bit more before the fashion show had started but when it did my auntie Dorinda was very loud talking very loudly about the outfits causing Ms Karen to pop her. I know I'm not the most fashionable or artistic person, so it was pretty boring. The clothes they came out with I would never want to be seen wearing. Kierra came out a little later. We all clapped. Mrs Karen was smiling ear to ear.

Once it was over we went backstage to Kierra. "How did I do mommy?" she asked with excitement.

"You were amazing baby girl!" Mrs Karen said still smiling ear to ear. We all took several pictures. then it was time to go to dinner. Boy, I have been waiting. A girl is starving, well not literally.

Mrs. Karen could tell by the look on my face that I was ready to go when she said "let's go out and celebrate!"